Bonjour d'un Frog'
  • Register
  • Help

Icon7 Bonjour d'un Frog'

Hello everybody!

Advertisement

It's my first post in this board and being a foreigner, in advance I excuse myself for my very bad English.

All right, I am thus French and precisely of Cannes (located on the Azur/Riviera coast).
    I have the chance to have several old French (and Italian) cars in my garage...moreover some always await their turn for the restoration. :p

I discovered a little by chance this forum and my surprise was large!
    Happy of reading and noting that in the other side of the world, the "French specialities and this art de vivre" keep always its amateurs.

I hope to share good moments with you and by the same time, to learn some more on you and your marvellous country.

Au plaisir.

PS: Daily, I drive a '03 Clio2.3 RS3 (with the Renault Sport suspension package) and/or a '01 Clio2.2 1.6 16v/ '03 307 HDi 136.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lapalisse
    PS: Daily, I drive a '03 Clio2.3 RS3 (with the Renault Sport suspension package) and/or a '01 Clio2.2 1.6 16v/ '03 307 HDi 136.
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we'll all enjoy your presence
    Mind if I ask what a Clio 2.3 and 2.2 is? I didn't think they came with 2.2 or 2.3 litre engines?

Derek

welcome to the board....

Great to have a local on board

Your english is near perfect btw.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Thank you for your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DeKa
    Welcome to the forum! I'm sure we'll all enjoy your presence
    Mind if I ask what a Clio 2.3 and 2.2 is? I didn't think they came with 2.2 or 2.3 litre engines?

Derek
    Oh sorry, here there is the practice to call and differentiate easily different the generation from CLIO by this notation.
    In practice, Clio 2.3 is simply a Clio 2 phase 3.
    Phase 3 which was marketed in France since January.

Welcome!

I do believe that you are our very first French member (Well a French member that is residing in your beautiful country)

I hope that we will be able to learn much from your experience(s)

Cheers,
    Chris
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)
    I can feel a GTI 180 coming on!

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Default Moi aussi je suis Francais, et de Paris!

Salut Lapalisse
    J'habite ici en Australie depuis longtemps.(Brisbane)
    Je possedes une Xsara tres modifiee facon Citroen Sport
    dont je posterai bientot les photos sur ce site.
    Bienvenu sur ce site et a Bientot
    Harrisson_Citroen
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by seesully
    Welcome!

I do believe that you are our very first French member (Well a French member that is residing in your beautiful country)

Cheers,
    Chris
    Well no actually, we had one pop up the other day and he works for the IT department of PSA in France. We also have our own relocated Frog, Gerry Freed who although a Pom, lived in Aus for a long time and now lives in Andernos Les Bains.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Welcome, Monsieur French bloke. I had a nice time round Cannes. I have some friends in Peymeinade and Grasse. French people are very kind. You are lucky to live there.
    I had a lot of fun nights in Antibes and Juan Le Pins, but my god it is expensive there.
    Instead of going out and drinking at pubs, this is what my friends and I would do. We would buy a couple of bottles of whiskey at the Supermarket, drink them and then go out. We would maybe have one beer or lots of water at the pub.
    Anyway.....
    Welcome to our Green corner of the Net.
    I don't know why it is green, but it is better than brown.
    What are your Italian cars??

UFO

Oops, sorry

A belated welcome to Aussie Frogs!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Welcome to !

Good Day!
    Thanx still for your very sympathetic (and "chaleureux") messages.

Welcome!

Cheers,
    Chris
    It will be with great pleasure!

Moreover I am likely to change and test often new cars. For example my new Clio RS3 which has just 3 months, will be perhaps to replace the next month by a...Megane RS.
    I tested it last week and it is only happiness. I hope that it will be marketed in Australia, you will not be disappointed. The price is a little high but it is worth it well!

Else I would have liked to know if for the Australians-lambda, what image the French cars have in general?
    The 3 french manufacturers having also returned on the Australian continent only since 2000, it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Salut Lapalisse
    J'habite ici en Australie depuis longtemps.(Brisbane)
    Je possedes une Xsara tres modifiee facon Citroen Sport
    dont je posterai bientot les photos sur ce site.
    Bienvenu sur ce site et a Bientot
    Harrisson_Citroen
    Bonjour et merci pour l'accueil, cher concitoyen expatrié.

Je dois vous/t' (je ne sais pas si je peux vous tutoyer) avouer que je ne suis pas vraiment fan de tuning en général mais lorsque le travail est bien fait dans les rêgles de l'art et avec passion, je respecte et admire le boulot accompli.
    Bref vivement vos photos!

Sinon avec la sortie de la superbe et original C4, il semble à coups sur que Citroën reviendra sur le devant de la scène des voitures de taille moyenne...même si à n'en pas douter le marché est déjà bien saturé rien qu'en Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwick2
    Welcome, Monsieur French bloke. I had a nice time round Cannes. I have some friends in Peymeinade and Grasse. French people are very kind. You are lucky to live there.
    I had a lot of fun nights in Antibes and Juan Le Pins, but my god it is expensive there.
    Instead of going out and drinking at pubs, this is what my friends and I would do. We would buy a couple of bottles of whiskey at the Supermarket, drink them and then go out. We would maybe have one beer or lots of water at the pub.
    Anyway.....
    Welcome to our Green corner of the Net.
    I don't know why it is green, but it is better than brown.
    What are your Italian cars??
    Hello, it's true the area where I live is really very beautiful but alas like you say, too expensive.
    Ahhh Grasse, the city of the perfumes.

I am accustomed of the pubs between Nice and Cannes and your story in Antibes and Juan Le Pins is funny and interresting. Amongst other things, there are indeed always many Australians which likes to leave in these cities there (I noticed Antibes especially). And one cannot say that they do not put a great "ambiance"!!!

In brackets, for alcohols I find that the remainder nevertheless expensive also for those bought in the supermarkets... compared with the other countries of Europe, one is that with the greatest tax (perharps except UK).
    Just to make you remember the prices in the pubs, on average it is 8€ (13$) for a beer or 60€ (100$) for a bottle of wiskey. In the night clubs you can multiply the prices by 2.

Concerning my "little collection" of Italian cars, there is a Alfa 6 (excellent condition), Alfa Alfasud 1.3 (average condition), Alfa 75 Turbo (average condition), Autobianchi A112 (good condition), Fiat 600 (need a restoration), Fiat 125 (average condition), Fiat 131 Racing (good condition), Fiat 132 (need to rebuild engine and gearbox), Fiat Tipo 1.6 DGT (good), Lancia Flavia 1.8 (need a complete restoration), Lancia Fulvia 1.3S (need a restoration), Lancia Delta HF 16v (good), Lancia Dedra 2000 Turbo (excellent), Lancia Kappa V6 (excellent).

It is can appear much but except for the place, the prices of this cars have not been quite expensive and you can see that all are not (still) in perfect or good state. By comparaison, the total budget is near to the price of one new Velsatis 3.5 V6 with full options.
    I have a little less old French cars but it is already not badly.

In an immediate future of Italian cars, I project to buy a Alfa 155 Q4 and Fiat Uno Turbo ie.

XTC

Good Day!
    G'Day .. and don't worry about your english ... it's much better then a lot of us here and certainly better then my French !!!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Just the man I need!

I'll get you to take a bomb to 1 Avenue du Prado in Marseille for me... they ripped me off something bad a number of years ago...

Not everything French is so lovely, it seems.

1000+ Posts

Lapalisse, welcome to Virtual Australia via Aussiefrogs!

Now to the important things...$13 for a beer. AAAAARRRGGGHH!

Definitely a place for home brewing...

Cheers (hic)

Stuey

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Just like S'Pore in places ... paid $30+ for a jug once Oh and don't order the steak !

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

WOW!!! That's some collections of cars. Which one to drive?
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

G'Day .. and don't worry about your english ... it's much better then a lot of us here and certainly better then my French !!!
    i raise my hand in guilt...

Welcome anyway mate...

Sure do have a lovely collection of vechiles..

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206

- XTC206 -
    Thx a lot but you are too lenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Just the man I need!

I'll get you to take a bomb to 1 Avenue du Prado in Marseille for me... they ripped me off something bad a number of years ago...

Not everything French is so lovely, it seems.
    Arf, I am sorry that the (bad) "marseillais" ones made you problems.
    In fact, it is one of the most sympathetic cities of France and typically of the South. People in general are very charming with a melting-pot of cultures very rich...else I lived there during a few years.
    Then sorry if you keep bad impressions of this city, but one should not generalize. There are the good and bad people everywhere.

PS: In this moment, better don't joke on the bomb attacks... France has just received in its turn of new threats on a possible terrosist attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey

Definitely a place for home brewing...

Cheers (hic)

Stuey
    Attention not to be generalized because it is also the most expensive area of France. Then all the prices are high. But in comparison in large cities as Bordeaux, Lyon or Marseilles, it is much more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    WOW!!! That's some collections of cars. Which one to drive?
    Yes, it's a sympathetic "collection" and with the rest (the frenchy cars), that gives me much job to done during the week end and the holidays. In short, I am not bored.

Quote Originally Posted by bowie
    i raise my hand in guilt...

Welcome anyway mate...

Sure do have a lovely collection of vechiles..
    Thx.

Else I would have liked to know if for the Australians-lambda, what image the French cars have in general?
    The 3 french manufacturers having also returned on the Australian continent only since 2000, it's true?
    The image od the three french marques over here is an interesting one. Peugeots are everywhere, well in Melbourne anyway. In particular you will find lots of 206's, 307's and 306's. In my belief the majority of 206 and 307 drivers didn't purchase their vehicles for a love of the marque, but for other reasons. Whether it be asthetic or whatever, I don't know.

Renault's and Citroen's are a bit of a niche market over here and you won't stumble across too many on the road. I can't remember the last time I saw an early model Cit or Ren tootling around in Melbourne. The newer models you will see more frequently, particulaly the C3 and the Clio and I believe that the majority of people that purchase these vehicles are true enthusiasts.

All in all, I've found that the 3 french manufacturers are looked upon favourably by the general public, even though the majority of the public wouldn't have the faintest idea sa to just how good these marques are compared to either local models or other imported models.

It's true, all three marques returned into the sales arena in approximately 2000.

My
    Chris
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

UFO

It's true, all three marques returned into the sales arena in approximately 2000.

My
    Chris
    Well it's not true actually. To return you have to have left. Citroen has been continuously sold in Australia (WW2 permitting) for 80 years. It's just that now with the excellent product available and marketing by the whizzes at ATECO their sales are through the roof.

AFAIK, Peugeot has also never left the market since whenever they started and Renault is the only one that retired for a while, regrouped and came back with strength.

Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Apologies, I was forgetting that our friends OS might not have realised that Reno was the only marque to have left and then returned!
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)

Thread Information