Engine rebuilder - north-east Victoria?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Engine rebuilder - north-east Victoria?

Hi all,

Advertisement

I am thinking of sending my 1962 ID19 motor to someone for a rebuild/recondition. It is mightily tired after some 250,000 or so miles.

Some time ago someone told me about a highly recommended engine reconditioner located somewhere in north-east Victoria (at least that is what I remember) who does classic car work.

Firstly can anyone tell me who this is likely to be be (if it is in fact a well known individual or firm), and failing that recommend any engine restorers/reconditioners in Melbourne / Victoria who are going to do a very good job of this and some idea of costs? I am thinking a few thousand dollars (3 to 5)?

thanks
    leconte
    1962 Heidelberg ID19 "Axel"
    1965 Heidelberg ID19
    half owner 1974 GS 1220 Convertisseur Break

Contact David West at West Tractor's in Albury and he maybe able to help out with information. Tell him that his brother-in-laws mate Brendan dobbed him in!
    Brendan.

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by Leconte View Post
    Hi all,

I am thinking of sending my 1962 ID19 motor to someone for a rebuild/recondition. It is mightily tired after some 250,000 or so miles.

Some time ago someone told me about a highly recommended engine reconditioner located somewhere in north-east Victoria (at least that is what I remember) who does classic car work.

Firstly can anyone tell me who this is likely to be be (if it is in fact a well known individual or firm), and failing that recommend any engine restorers/reconditioners in Melbourne / Victoria who are going to do a very good job of this and some idea of costs? I am thinking a few thousand dollars (3 to 5)?

thanks
    leconte
    I have memory of reading somewhere about a classic car restorer in Euroa. Does that ring bells with anyone?

Ian.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks, Brendan and Ian.

I will follow up. If anyone else has other suggestions, happy to get them.

regards, leconte
    1962 Heidelberg ID19 "Axel"
    1965 Heidelberg ID19
    half owner 1974 GS 1220 Convertisseur Break

Thread Information