Pingsoddit - Rod Cap Nut
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robmac

Thread: Pingsoddit - Rod Cap Nut

Icon11 Pingsoddit - Rod Cap Nut

Reassembling my scrap PRV to consolidate two boxes of bits, and one of the connecting rod cap nuts disappeared forever into a factory wall. Think they're M91.

Advertisement

Are there any external 9mm nuts on the motor, or at least less buried - so I can rob a nut for the time being? Want to have the shortblock buttoned up tomorrow. Any other shonky suggestions?

Thanks, Adam.

Just pull the wall apart and find it....

When I was on the "mouse wheel" one of our clients was a manufacturing jeweller. He was based in an older shop with timber floor in South Yarra.

I went there to do service on the alarm system and found the two owners pulling up the jarrah floor. A $10k gem for a remodelling job had bounced off the bench and was nowhere to be found. They surmised it had fallen through a crack in floor.

After floor was stripped to joists and the gem not found. The 20 yo shop assistant walked in and saw the glint of a gem, wedged into the drawer handle of the adjacent desk.

It would have been very un cool to have smirked, so I went into the front of the shop.
    UFO likes this.

^ Good story !

I lost some conrod cap nuts from a 504 but couldn't find any the same. It was many years ago, but if I recall correctly they were either a different pitch or longer nuts.

Why not go to a nut and bolt store, if you think they might be ordinary high tensile nuts ? You can take off another and use it as an example...

I trust you were being flippant You don't want to do anything remotely shonky around conrods.

Thread Information