Default EV display at Swinburn

Might even have a Renault EV?
    ATA Community Site Melbourne Electric Vehicle Expo

Advertisement
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

1000+ Posts

Icon10

It's just a fad,it'll never catch on....

1000+ Posts

If they ever fix the environmental problems with batteries, manufacture and disposal, as well as cost, not to mention the need to have taxpayer funded concessions, they could be excellent Stephine - And the day they are sold in supermarkets at Supermarket prices, even more so, if only to keep urban green minded people happy, still have problems with continent size travel restrictions though.

Ken

1000+ Posts

Yes,this is true,like you said they could be excellent. I belive as time goes on,they'll sort out the Manufacturing of the Batteries,they'll have to as the E.P.A. gets ever tougher with regulations,ect. Meanwhile,stuffed in 'an old Building,where I keep most of my Cars,is my Landlord's 1913 Baker Electric,America's first true Electric Car. It's been in His Family since the late 40's,is totally unrestored,and it just sits around in year 'round 55-Degree Climate-Controlled comfort,The Tyres have long since disintegrated,the Interior is holding up 'ok',and there's no rust to speak of. "It'll never run again",say's Jack & His Brothers.
    Kenfuego likes this.

Banned

Hi Stephine.
    i must say you seem to be an interesting character, but despite 1700 posts in 16 months, we havent really heard much about you. i think we know more about you from addo's introduction, than your own words! you will realise that a single american girl who owns something up towards 100 cars, and posts alot on an aussie french car forum, is not your typical person!

so, i was wondering if you could say more about how that all came about? do you have any photos of the car collection? or perhaps just an address where they could be viewed on google earth? it must be quite a sight! i am sure many other AF members would be interested to see.

cheers
    alexander.
    Last edited by alexander; 31st March 2015 at 08:54 PM.
    JoBo likes this.

1000+ Posts

Icon11 Curiosity has got doubting Thomas in suspenders

Hey Stephine curiosity has got the cat panting away in anticipation of a pounce or is it stalking from
    a competitor flouncing in suspenders, wondering if you are real or just a figment of his fevered imagination.

I’d keep one step ahead in this you show me yours and I will show you mine test foray and keep your woman of mystery intact.

You can always drip feed the …..p and tittilate with whatever you feel you want to expose yourself in our anonymous forum. Might be some femine cats claws hovering too of course

Meanwhile the rest of us will just accept you as you are, enjoy your witty posts.

Regards

Ken

1000+ Posts

PS beware of stalkers wearing bags.

Banned

ken, i am sure Stephine doesnt need you to speak for her. for your information, addo said Stephine is quite chatty and i might like to engage her in conversation. so i am. feel free to check that with him if you like.

as for all this crap
    Hey Stephine curiosity has got the cat panting away in anticipation of a pounce or is it stalking from
    a competitor flouncing in suspenders, wondering if you are real or just a figment of his fevered imagination.
    what exactly is all that about??
    Last edited by alexander; 31st March 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Hi Ken - in answer to your queries:
    1. the lithium batteries are almost as high a percentage recyclable as lead acid - without the nasty effects of lead, or, er, acid ..
    2. The costs of batteries are coming down too: a replacement pack for a Leaf is about $5600 US (way cheaper than 8 - 10 years of petrol + oil (and its disposal), + oil filters (and their disposal), + air filters (and their non-recyclability), + spark plugs ... )
    3. There are no taxpayer concessions for EV's in Australia
    4. The Tesla model S already has a 500km range AND 20-30 min fast recharge to 80%.

Shall I send you a link to your nearest Tesla dealer? Or if that's still a bit of a stretch, for a commuter car - my then 3yo Leaf only cost me 15k.

Cheers
    Bryce

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    If they ever fix the environmental problems with batteries, manufacture and disposal, as well as cost, not to mention the need to have taxpayer funded concessions, they could be excellent Stephine - And the day they are sold in supermarkets at Supermarket prices, even more so, if only to keep urban green minded people happy, still have problems with continent size travel restrictions though.

Ken
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post

I’d keep one step ahead in this you show me yours and I will show you mine test foray and keep your woman of mystery intact.

You can always drip feed the …..p and tittilate with whatever you feel you want to expose yourself in our anonymous forum. Might be some femine cats claws hovering too of course

Meanwhile the rest of us will just accept you as you are, enjoy your witty posts.

Regards

Ken
    Is this an early April Fool's Day joke???

Ian.

1000+ Posts

You Guy'z are crazy. I'll explain myself when I'm good and ready to,ok? And there ya have it.
    27of85, alhantos and Vincenzo like this.

Banned

stephine, i wasnt asking you to explain yourself. your location and car collection are, however, of real interest to people on a car forum such as this, so i was hoping you might share some insight into that. surely a couple of pics of the collection isnt too confronting!?

i will emphasise that i only asked like that because Addo specifically suggested you might be found in a chatty mood sometime. as he introduced you onto AF personally, and told us all that we know about you, i figured it would be ok to act accordingly.

1000+ Posts

Icon12

I understand completely. As for Pictures,I have Pictures,but there mainly for my personal Records as well as Insurance purposes. PLUS,getting 'em Online would take a Computer Geek,of which I'am not. I suck at HTML. But who knows.
    addo and alhantos like this.

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by StephineS View Post
    I understand completely. As for Pictures,I have Pictures,but there mainly for my personal Records as well as Insurance purposes. PLUS,getting 'em Online would take a Computer Geek,of which I'am not. I suck at HTML. But who knows.
    It is actually quite easy to post photos here. I have done it and I am no computer geek. Like alexander, I'm keen to see some of your car stash. It sound like quite some collection!

Ian.

Ian

1000+ Posts

Icon14 All is well, situation normal. Mere ripples.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post
    Is this an early April Fool's Day joke???

Ian.
    Ian, Not sure.

More towards the Ides of March or more appropriately the Idlers of March, that led to some very strange happenings, especially in the toadpond Like posts that would evaporate, get changed, also identities that seem switched or suddenly questioned.
    Then there were the imposters , almost a remake of a joke pulled by a certain Renault personality some years back.

Started with the "zombie revival thread" in the toad pond, that set the scene for some questioning of identities of some posters, if they were real or assumed? and ended with some threads evaporating soon after posting. Too fast moving for an old fellow like me to keep up with.

Best course was to step back and see what eventuated. Calm has now returned it seems, I can even post a sentence or two without losing the post

Ken

1000+ Posts

Icon12

So,WHAT you're saying,basically is:-We're not alone in the Universe,Ken??
    Kenfuego likes this.

Banned

Hi Stephine,just a heads-up that i sent you a PM yesterday.did you see it?

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Only19 View Post
    Hi Ken - in answer to your queries:
    1. the lithium batteries are almost as high a percentage recyclable as lead acid - without the nasty effects of lead, or, er, acid ..
    2. The costs of batteries are coming down too: a replacement pack for a Leaf is about $5600 US (way cheaper than 8 - 10 years of petrol + oil (and its disposal), + oil filters (and their disposal), + air filters (and their non-recyclability), + spark plugs ... )
    3. There are no taxpayer concessions for EV's in Australia
    4. The Tesla model S already has a 500km range AND 20-30 min fast recharge to 80%.

Shall I send you a link to your nearest Tesla dealer? Or if that's still a bit of a stretch, for a commuter car - my then 3yo Leaf only cost me 15k.

Cheers
    Bryce
    I would have leaped on a Leaf for $15k........I paid almost $20k for my i-MiEV.
    However, in the year and a half that I have owned it I have saved about $6k in avoided fuel costs, taking into account the cost of electricity. Also it's a lovely no fuss reliable commuter car.
    My wife's i-MiEV was written off, so we are about to use the electrics from it to convert something else.
    Electrics are the future of day to day commuting, and could replace petrol cars for 90% of travel done today.
    Heavy transport and long haul both have issues, and it won't replace everything, but most of it can go electric now.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403 View Post
    I would have leaped on a Leaf for $15k........I paid almost $20k for my i-MiEV.
    However, in the year and a half that I have owned it I have saved about $6k in avoided fuel costs, taking into account the cost of electricity. Also it's a lovely no fuss reliable commuter car.
    My wife's i-MiEV was written off, so we are about to use the electrics from it to convert something else.
    Electrics are the future of day to day commuting, and could replace petrol cars for 90% of travel done today.
    Heavy transport and long haul both have issues, and it won't replace everything, but most of it can go electric now.
    Yes, it was a great price. (Apart from the satnav being convinced I drive around England there's not much difference between it and a 2012 one).

BTW: Was sorry to hear of you iMiEV's demise (both through here & the AEVA forum) - but was most glad to hear you were unharmed!

Be interested to see what car you put the electrics eventually end up in.

P.S. Just to annoy him, I occassionally suggest converting a mate's A310 to electric ... but I always end up agreeing the sidedrafts still sound way better than a controller hum & wish I had one. Suppose I could always run it on ethanol for a Sunday drive when the petrol runs out. Whatever ethanol costs then - the induction noise would be worth it .
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by StephineS View Post
    ... The Tyres have long since disintegrated....
    Tires, surely? "Tyres" is what we call them here in Oz.

Ian.

Banned

Stephine is in just being considerate of our parochial vernacular

1000+ Posts

True,I am. And I recived your PM Alexander.

Banned

Cool. Well don't hesitate to reply at some point. Particularly regarding that other person. It would be just crazy weird if you don't know addo's other car collecting friend in your home city!!

IWS

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Stephine is in just being considerate of our parochial vernacular
    I guess that MUST be the answer. Kinda weird though, nonetheless ... Why tyres/tires in particular? Why not petrol/gas, boot/trunk - and so on. If she is going to be considerate, then be consistent for darn's sake!

Ian.

1000+ Posts

Icon10 Sneakers/Trainers Potato-Chips/Crisps.......

I just bought two more Cars(and a load of Panels & odds-and-ends..)from Texas,they're shipping today,how'z that for consistency? Oh,yeah and the TIRES are in good shape too. Wait a Minute,I thought this thread was about 'an Electric Car Show/Display??

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information