NEVER Ignore the power of an AF sticker
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Default NEVER Ignore the power of an AF sticker

Some may recall that a few months ago I made several attempts to leave an AF sticker on a white 307 hatch at work. Twice I found the sticker on the ground in the carpark carelessly discarded (dis stickered perhaps). On the third attempt the sticker was not to be found but has never appeared on the white 307.

Well today, about 3pm there was a crunchie crackly sound from the carpark and a car horn going off, and lo and behold, the blatant AF sticker tosser had reversed out of a parking spot and collected the large yellow bollard on her RHS with the right front of the car.

The crunch managed to move the right headlight somewhat further back into the frame than it was designed for and produce a large gap between where the bumper should be a where it ended up.

The tosser of things AF, was then on the phone (to Mum no doubt) as she cried into the phone etc etc. I mentioned to the other guy in the office who is mildly interested in Peugeot that of course if she had bothered to put the AF sticker on, she would never have hit the pole, the car would corner even better and she would increase power by 20%. Some people never learn.

Anyway, a while later I went out to see how things were proceeding (from a distance) and they were just driving away. Mum had come to rescue diddums, the sticker flinger, in a white CitroŽn C5 Hdi!
    Some justice in that I suppose

Advertisement
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Some may recall that a few months ago I made several attempts to leave an AF sticker on a white 307 hatch at work. Twice I found the sticker on the ground in the carpark carelessly discarded (dis stickered perhaps). On the third attempt the sticker was not to be found but has never appeared on the white 307.

Well today, about 3pm there was a crunchie crackly sound from the carpark and a car horn going off, and lo and behold, the blatant AF sticker tosser had reversed out of a parking spot and collected the large yellow bollard on her RHS with the right front of the car.

The crunch managed to move the right headlight somewhat further back into the frame than it was designed for and produce a large gap between where the bumper should be a where it ended up.

The tosser of things AF, was then on the phone (to Mum no doubt) as she cried into the phone etc etc. I mentioned to the other guy in the office who is mildly interested in Peugeot that of course if she had bothered to put the AF sticker on, she would never have hit the pole, the car would corner even better and she would increase power by 20%. Some people never learn.

Anyway, a while later I went out to see how things were proceeding (from a distance) and they were just driving away. Mum had come to rescue diddums, the sticker flinger, in a white CitroŽn C5 Hdi!
    Some justice in that I suppose
    I put one of these stickers on and gained 10hp!!!!! Almost as good as a slip-in panel air filter!!!
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the 306 and the 604 were instantly transformed into tarmac ripping machines once the stickers were in place

well maybe not tarmac ripping

the 306 goes pretty damn well

the 604 well it's a 604 but i'm sure it started running cooler with the sticker in place
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

My sticker coupled with my Type R sticker gained me 11hp.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shobbz
    My sticker coupled with my Type R sticker gained me 11hp.

shobbz
    you would have had 15hp but the type R sticker robbed you of 4hp
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

hihihih

oh.. and she propably would have taken the sticker if you hadn't keept on grafetting you number all over it

Not wrong about the power of the sticker tho..

I talked my way out of a Speeding fine in my fathers 504 with the Aussiefrogs sticker attached

The cop was remotly interested in the cleanlyness of teh vechile.. went as far as asking me to pop the hood

Turns out the supposable arresting officer was a Pug Nut from waaaaaaaay back and used to rally his 504 club level with much joy when it was new...

But he sore the sticker.. Took note.. and was on his mery way..

Actually.. If your on here mate.. Puled me over South side of Buladealah.. about 12 months ago... Thanks very much mate

Works: 2003 YV Commodore (That is Cecil to you)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car and Sunny the R12 Lego set.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40
    Wanted Will hoard 12/15/17 Junk.

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

It's true! An AF sticker is an amazing thing. If one sticker makes your car 10% faster, me having 3 must mean thatmine is at least 30% better off!

I'm also sure that it was the AF stickers that forced some lovely girl to leave a lipstick kiss on a piece of paper under my wiper at the Melbourne Uni car park.
    Les hurlements de lion.
    504 GL (gone)
    205 GTI Classic (gone)
    505 STI (gone)
    I can feel a GTI 180 coming on!

Whilst No one has left notes on my windscreen I think that the Uni's should be targeted.

Lots of pugs at my uni UQ St Lucia.

504,505, lots of 405's, few 206's and 307. The later seem to be faculty staff.

Possibly a blitz at uni's across the country.

Although probably many would not be noticed.

It gets me from A to B.

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

well im allways lapping the Uni carpark at Newcastle looking for an empty sapce... some one manages to fill my letterbox with stickers.. ill gladly stick them to ever frog i see

Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16, Choo Choo'd Volvo S40

XTC

Sticker slapping doesn't seem to work ... I exhausted a batch of almost 50, so far I can't say a single WA "slapee" has made it's way to the board from this (if I'm wong speak out now fellow sandgroper).

- XTC206 -

PS: Sticker and flyer slapping is actually illegal and classed as littering .. FYI.
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

There used to be a guy here called "SJL" and he stubbled onto the forum and started asking about how to get his hands on a sticker.

Wehn he found out I frequent the same bar he does, he decided he would pop in one night and pick one up, etc...

well it turned out he couldn't make it to the pub but told me he always parks his car in this street, I dorve past it and sure enough saw his 306 with the SJL plate and I put a sticker on under his wiper, which he then stuck onto his car.

Well months went by, SJL chatting here etc... and it wasn't untill a little while later I saw him in his car while I was driving (only AFer I have ever randomly seen on the road) and it turns out he went to school with me!!! What a small world.

Also since we all put these stickers on our cars...when we take our cars to the dealers for service, surely the dealer mechanics see our stcikers and surely would visit the site!!!

If there are any Peugeot, Citroen or renault mechanics/employees, put up your hand! come outta the woodwork!!
    ehehhehehehe
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    If there are any Peugeot, Citroen or renault mechanics/employees, put up your hand! come outta the woodwork!!
    That would be brave ... better off staying a guest reader .. you'd bombarded with questions !

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

lol dam straight it would be brave....

Whilst No one has left notes on my windscreen I think that the Uni's should be targeted.

It gets me from A to B.

shobbz
    No to mention at least two 205 Gtis. Theres a red S1 and my white S3. There's also a nice black Mi16.

I rember I always used to see a very nice mint condition 205GTi with a new exaust tip, etc. Parked in the broadway carpark (sydney) every day, when I went to uni last year.

I was going to put an AF sticker on it, although I had none left...I decided to wait a few days untill the French Car Day 2003 and pick some stickers up then and stick them on the car the next week...well who should turn up to the FC Day but that exact same 205 ! I don't think I ever met the owner though, the car was there when I arrived and I must have missed it go, it didn't join us AFers, it was parked with all the other 205's from memory.

I am hoping I can bring my mate with his new 205GTi to the FC day this year. He hasn't bought it yet, but he is still looking hehehhe
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

EMC

It gets me from A to B.

shobbz

sweeeeet! I had a look at your webpage... nice 504! looks just like mine (without the shopping centre dings)
    hehehehe

do you drive to uni?

how many AFers live in Bris? anyone know?

we should have a meet
    1979 Peugeot 504 GL

Cal

Must be because of the big Bastille Day display when we all park on the grass. They realise how cool we all are and rushed out to buy Froggies.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

EMC.

Heya, nice to see that one of the 504's that I see around uni has finally found aussie frogs.

Most of the time the frogs that I see are moving making sticker slapping rather hard.

Moderate number of Froggers in Brissy but not as many as down south.

What colour is your 504?

The dings add character, the Aussiefrogs sticker adds speed and the TYPE R sticker adds lameness

cya around

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

EMC

ah, mine is good ol' fasion white

I'd like to get my hands on an sticker, i've pm'ed Gibgib, I hope thats the right thing to do...

Yeah, they add character... but they also unfortunately add rust
    1979 Peugeot 504 GL

Quote Originally Posted by EMC
    ah, mine is good ol' fasion white

I'd like to get my hands on an sticker, i've pm'ed Gibgib, I hope thats the right thing to do...

Rust is for the Weak. Bog is for the strong. If only it were true. If so my car would be the toughest pug on the road

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

XTC

The sticker adds rust ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

EMC

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    The sticker adds rust ?

- XTC206 -
    no, the sticker actively reduces the buildup of rust by an integrated cathodic system ^_^

i'm talking about shopping centre dings... thats where all of my dents & scratches come from... and only 1 is mine!
    1979 Peugeot 504 GL

no, the sticker actively reduces the buildup of rust by an integrated cathodic system ^_^

i'm talking about shopping centre dings... thats where all of my dents & scratches come from... and only 1 is mine!
    One of mine is inflicted by me. The battery was flat despite the caterpillar, aussie frogs, and TYPE R sticker. I was running late for work, So i hit the car

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information