New Dealers.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: New Dealers.

XTC

Default New Dealers.

There has been alot of talk of new Froggie Dealers. Well driving down Albany Hwy yesterday (Perth) and what did I see ... a half finished showroom for Citroen, Fiat and SSangYong ... what a strange combination. Still don't know where the new Pug dealer will be.

Advertisement

- XTC206 -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Dealers.-showroom.jpg  
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I noticed it says Southern on the building. That wouldn't happen to be where Southern Landrover is would it? Same dealership doing Citroen?

Troy.

The new dealer is mentioned on the Citroen Oz website.

WA Citroen Dealers

Troy.

I have spoken to the guys at Southern & they seem keen to get Citroen "re-established" in Perth. They are aware that the "other" dealer has basically seen Citroen as a secondary addition to their business & they are keen to promote it a lot more through advertising & having more product on the showroom floor. I considered upgrading to a Xsara VTS for my work car not long ago but the guys at Allpike couldnt even provide one for me to test drive. No drive, no sale! Have them ringing me as soon as C2 comes in, for a quick spin . Be interesting to see how long Allpikes holds on to the dealership with the renewed vigour of a new dealership. Be good if they keep it at 2, everyone knows that extra competition can only result in more bargaining power for the Citroen driver here & more cars on the road. As far as Peugeot is concerned Diesel Motors was meant to be moving to a new site next door to their current site in Bentley & a new Peugeot dealer was meant to take up the old premises but it seems money constraints have delayed this for a while. I think WA could easily handle 2 dealers in Perth & perhaps another down south. Premier Volvo in Osbourne Park is also rumoured to be adding Peugeot to its collection. Good to see a second Renault dealer as well, too much Korean shit on the roads over here, we need more Froggies!!!!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    I considered upgrading to a Xsara VTS for my work car not long ago but the guys at Allpike couldnt even provide one for me to test drive. No drive, no sale! Have them ringing me as soon as C2 comes in, for a quick spin .
    Funny, the first thing I was thinking about this new dealer was "I wonder if they will have the Xsara VTS on the showroom floor". I'm hope the new dealer has a greater range of Citroen accessories as well.

I have heard of a number of people who have shown interest in the Xsara VTS but could not get a test drive because Allpikes didn't have one on the showroom floor, and were apparently unwilling to get one in without the person buying it. Hence they didn't buy one. I was only willing to buy this Xsara VTS , an ex-Citroen Aust car because I had test driven a demo they had (a NSW rego car) about 6 months before buying this one.

RE : C2, there was one at Allpikes a couple of weeks ago, don't know if it is still there. Took it for a spin, it's a nice little car but I did not notice any improvements in the Sensodrive gearbox when compared to the C3, which was a bit disappointing. I did like the rear seat layout and tailgate layout though. The suspension seems firmer than the C3.

Troy.

As far as I know, that C2 has been sold already. Would prefer to give the new guys a go, although I'm not sure if I could get used to C2 because of its size. If I can get over that it might be a great car to buy, but if they can get a VTS on the floor it might convert me. Its getting old, but still a good value performance hatch when you look at the price & what you get. Saw a pitch black one today & looked great in traffic. Does pretty well in the bangs for bucks stakes. I think Southerns will concentrate on the C3 & Berlingo. The outlets other lines are bizzare looking Ssanyongs & FIAT commercials, strange mix, but I wish them luck! Then again Allpikes was selling TATAs @ one stage!! Anyway, better not prattle on about Citroens in the wrong column
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

XTC

Why has the picture I attached changed ??? I get the back end of what looks like a Crummiedoor ?

- XTC206 -

Sorry make that a BMW.
    Last edited by XTC206; 12th March 2004 at 02:53 AM.

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Why has the picture I attached changed ??? I get the back end of what looks like a Crummiedoor ?

- XTC206 -

Sorry make that a BMW.
    I can still see the same picture of the showroom. Strange. Bug in the board software perhaps?

If I can get over that it might be a great car to buy, but if they can get a VTS on the floor it might convert me. Its getting old, but still a good value performance hatch when you look at the price & what you get. Saw a pitch black one today & looked great in traffic. Does pretty well in the bangs for bucks stakes.
    Yes they are good value. It goes and handles well and is comfortable. I easily prefer it over the C2. Geez, I should have just skipped the VTR I had before and bought the VTS in the first place.

I saw a black one with 17inch rims the other day and it looked niiiice. I'm not sure if I would be willing to sacrifice the ride quality for rims that big though.

Troy.
    Last edited by TroyO; 12th March 2004 at 03:15 AM.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I can still see the same picture of the showroom. Strange. Bug in the board software perhaps?
    Shift-Refresh fixed it .. all the thumbnails in each thread were wrong for a while there

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

That must be the same one I saw, the guy was driving it as it should be too! Good to see someone getting the most out of their Frog! Also, I have too admit though, one good thing about Allpikes is that they have always let me test drive the cars alone! Not often that happens these days, had fun with GTi 180!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

I thought FIAT were not selling cars as yet. Must be the commercial section.....

Also, I have too admit though, one good thing about Allpikes is that they have always let me test drive the cars alone!
    I like that part about Allpikes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    I thought FIAT were not selling cars as yet. Must be the commercial section.....
    Yes, it's Fiat Commercial vehicles.

Troy.

I think WA could easily handle 2 dealers in Perth & perhaps another down south.
    If Tasmania can, you sure can. Sounds like you need a second dealer too.

Premier Volvo in Osbourne Park is also rumoured to be adding Peugeot to its collection.
    Sounds like a great mix to me

Good to see a second Renault dealer as well, too much Korean shit on the roads over here, we need more Froggies!!!!
    Heheh, I noticed that too. Must be the Alan Bond connection. The only other place where I've seen Korean cars dominate more is Tasmania - they seem to comprise most of the rental car fleet down there (and most of the new cars there seem to be rental cars).

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC

That must be the same one I saw, the guy was driving it as it should be too! Good to see someone getting the most out of their Frog! Also, I have too admit though, one good thing about Allpikes is that they have always let me test drive the cars alone! Not often that happens these days, had fun with GTi 180!
    Never got to test drive the 180 it was only there for a week ... I did try the C2 VTR though ... surprisingly good really.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Thread Information