• Register
  • Help
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By Kim Luck
  • 1 Post By Ron Boulton

Thread: Days of Yore!

Default Days of Yore!

A photograph dated 31/7/1968 by the developer taken at the Upper Beaconsfield Football ground. A gathering of RCCD members including a very early R16, round and square headlight R10's and a couple of R8's shoved to the end of the line!

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Days of Yore!-rccd00010upper-beacy5.jpg  
    59 Floride and David M like this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Looks like a great ground to be under a ruck. A stone in the face at every tackle. Strictly for quick buggers.

Oh, and there are car hazards on the paddock!

The Upper Beacy Footy Ground was given over to the RCCD during the off season to use for Autokhanas. We not only removed all the rocks but most of the grass as well......
    jaahn likes this.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

1000+ Posts

Back when they were all nearly new/brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    The Upper Beacy Footy Ground was given over to the RCCD during the off season to use for Autokhanas. We not only removed all the rocks but most of the grass as well......
    I can recall a few car clubs describing the competition surface for for auto/motorkhana's as "Initially grass." It was a CAMS requirement for the permit application and once/twice it got passed it became the norm.
    Brendan.

Not sure those conditions applied to the Stamford Hotel upper car park but I suppose it was grass before the white man arrived! ;-)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Not sure those conditions applied to the Stamford Hotel upper car park but I suppose it was grass before the white man arrived! ;-)
    And for a long time after - I remember when Stamford Park ran from Ferntree Gully Rd to Wellington. The Spooner family farmed the whole area. Their farmhouse is still down near the lake opposite Stud Park shopping centre. The pub was built in the 60's.
    Kim Luck likes this.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Thread Information