• 1 Post By alexander
  • 1 Post By alexander
  • 1 Post By UFO

Thread: Cayanne and Aurion

Default Cayanne and Aurion

you guys hear about this crash yet?

Man dead as L-plater driving Porsche involved in head-on collision

Advertisement

This is right outside an AF members house, I drive up this street regularly, and most fly through it, huge straight, big valley right near it. Yet to see what the cause of the crash was. There is suspicion that the Toyota driver was on his phone... but I know that road, very well.

A 2.2 tonne tank of a petrol guzzler that ought to be banned in my opinion, against a 1.6 tonner... Wouldn't have been nice. I suppose the cayanne saved the lives of the occupants.

I only got my Fulls just this morning, and am beginning to respect what I initially thought was a annoying, revenue raising system - but after going through those stats they make you read, it's worth it. If anything it ought to be stricter.

But far out, be safe out there.

Not sure if stricter is the correct way to put it.

As with many other things, I think here Australia needs a complete overhaul.

Many countries don't have a point system nor restrictions or speed cameras. They do however have a legislation that allows the cops to take your licence away in one go for crucial errors. This drives people to learn not to make those mistakes. One fundamental point is the right of way, and because you can lose your licence for failure to give way, people know exactly who has the right of way in every and any situation and observe the law. Hence, they can merge, use roundabouts, overtake, join traffic, change lanes, pass, etc.

Legislation aimed to reduce casualties encourages building the skill set that makes people fit to survive.

Ironically, most of these countries don't care much for speed limits.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 10th February 2015 at 02:32 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lion5 View Post

A 2.2 tonne tank of a petrol guzzler that ought to be banned in my opinion, against a 1.6 tonner... Wouldn't have been nice. I suppose the cayanne saved the lives of the occupants.
    i hear that motorcycle riders say that about all cars, including whatever you drive.
    jaahn likes this.

It has to be asked by why would a learner be driving a 4WD truck anyway.
    The crazy NSW regulations restrict P drivers from using 8 cylinder and/or turbocharged cars but there is no restriction on what a learner is allowed to drive.
    Motorcycle riders are restricted when they're on learners or P's but you can put a learner in any car (or 4WD) as long as there is a supervisor.
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure. Mark Twain"

As far as I'm aware you can wear L plates on a prime mover if that is what you are learning to drive.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by lion5 View Post
    A 2.2 tonne tank of a petrol guzzler that ought to be banned in my opinion, against a 1.6 tonner...

My vehicle of choice could range from a 2.2 tonne tank, 1.6 tonne car, motorbike, bicycle, skateboard or even my horse, now which do we ban when they are all a vehicle, and for some of you please don't say anything that you don't pay rego for, as even a pedestrian has the right to use the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post

I can't believe you asked that.
    If the only two cars at home are dads Porsche 911 and mums Porsche Cayanne what's the poor kid going to learn in?
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by REN TIN TIN View Post
    The crazy NSW regulations restrict P drivers from using 8 cylinder and/or turbocharged cars but there is no restriction on what a learner is allowed to drive.
    you can call them 'trucks' if you like, but modern 4wds are better described as 'large cars'. i dont see any reason for not putting a learner in one. i note too the underlying implication that having a learner in such a vehicle was the cause of this accident. which may be so, but there is nothing to suggest it at this point.

the crazy nsw regulations reflect the reality that learners are supervised by a licenced driver. the restriction on V8 and turbo engine cars is to address a perception that some inexperienced drivers take liberties with powerful cars, when unsupervised.
    CarNut likes this.

UFO

Interesting.... Had it not been a Porsche Cayenne and not a learner driver, we would not even be talking about it.

IMHO it looks like the Toyota driver failed to give way to the Porsche.

The truth will out.
    Fordman likes this.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information