Latest Renault initiative to launch electric cars
  • Register
  • Help

Default Latest Renault initiative to launch electric cars

Now that they have done a deal to particpate with Bolloré in the Autolib' rental service in Paris they will be offering from February membership of the service for electric car owners. That gives them access to the 4,200 charging points in the Paris region.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

That's a reasonable and sensible alliance, should be good for both groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    That's a reasonable and sensible alliance, should be good for both groups.
    Before Renault release electric cars in Australia may I suggest they would be well served to:

1) Educate their dealer network to the concept of customer service particularly in sales

2) Survey the market and bring cars to to the Australia market that are competitive with other marques.

When purchasing a car recently I found both sadly lacking.

Bringing the price down of "consumer level" cars in order sell only "dilutes" the brand.

What they need to rekindle is brand loyalty with the customers and that starts with first contact at the point of sale.

1000+ Posts

Icon14 Up front and pretty remarkable service - good advice too.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Before Renault release electric cars in Australia may I suggest they would be well served to:

1) Educate their dealer network to the concept of customer service particularly in sales

2) Survey the market and bring cars to to the Australia market that are competitive with other marques.

When purchasing a car recently I found both sadly lacking.

Bringing the price down of "consumer level" cars in order sell only "dilutes" the brand.

What they need to rekindle is brand loyalty with the customers and that starts with first contact at the point of sale.
    Sad you got that treatment or impression of poor selling to customers. My wife and I had exactly the opposite experience at Essendon Renault recently, a very pleasant experience and professional service has continued through our first service interval - can't fault them so far and we have even got a total fixed price (parts and labour) for a future more major service, now that is exceptional service that repeat customers like us, really like!! Excellent Sales and Service!

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    Sad you got that treatment or impression of poor selling to customers. My wife and I had exactly the opposite experience at Essendon Renault recently, a very pleasant experience and professional service has continued through our first service interval - can't fault them so far and we have even got a total fixed price (parts and labour) for a future more major service, now that is exceptional service that repeat customers like us, really like!! Excellent Sales and Service!

Ken
    I wish SE suburbs Renault dealer on Nepean Hwy was like that!

I had my revenge on sour-middle age - b**ch yesterday.

The Skoda Dealer is next door to Renault Dealer. As we drove in for the first service the Renault lady was preening herself in the forecourt of Renault yard.

I just had to stop the Skoda in the driveway, hang my head out the window and address her by name and comment on the weather.

It sounds like the choice of car was based on personalities. It wasn't Renault didn't have the vehicle we were looking for either in interior space, performance or price.

Your description of the lady involved sounds like you might have a gender problem when it comes to sales staff, Rob! Whatever did she say to you to make you so unappreciative of her efforts? I wish I'd been there.......

P.S: The results are in! Australian 3rd quarter sales; Megane 380, Yeti 156, Koleos 519
    Last edited by Kim Luck; 30th October 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Thread Information