PSA to merge its service networks
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By flipperman
  • 1 Post By robmac

Thread: PSA to merge its service networks

Default PSA to merge its service networks

PSA have decided to merge their networks of service agents in France to create a multi-marque service for both Peugeot and CitroŽn.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

It is merging two existing networks for after sales service to form Europepar Car Service which will be rolled out in France from Jan 1 and then expanded into other European countries and elsewhere in the world. Perhaps someone can explain how this fits with their dealer networks?

Surely with the increasing commonality of components across the two ranges it would not be unreasonable to suggest that a competent service centre with the correct manuals and equipment could happily take care of both ranges of vehicles, providing more convenient service locations in a lot of cases. Regarding your question, as a manufacturer of two separate brands PSA don't appear to be worried about the public perceptions of Citroets or Peugeons, perhaps for cost and rationalisation. It does seem to be rather a bold move!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I thought they would have done it years ago aka: BX/405 but then again the Peugeot people would have said "what the hell are these green balls"

Non education can be a curse

Citroen always a few balls ahead of the pack.
    27of85 likes this.
    CitroŽn's that own me

- 2008 C5 X7 Tourer (Estate) 2.7 DoubleTurbo Diesel UHZJ - V6.

CitroŽn's that formally owned me

- 1990 BX TRI Estate Manual. .. . "Phoenix" - "Donated to Science"
    - 1990 BX TRI Estate Auto. (Traded In)
    - 1987 BX TRI Hatch.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Australian Citroen BX - All about the Citroen BX in Oz
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow Frogger!

Should happen with Renault and Nissan in this country. I don't know why they keep the two apart when Nissan has many more dealers and workshops that could be of real help to Renault owners who often have to travel for miles to find a dealer. Brisbane has nine (9) Nissan dealers and only two (2) Renault dealers, and both so-called Renault dealers are not 'stand alone' dealers. My local Nissan only dealer, only 2km down the road, once advised me that they are not allowed to service my Renault Koleos/X-Trail. Silly really. But that does not stop me from getting parts like filters etc from them, which are branded Nissan anyway.
    Last edited by Breitie; 14th September 2014 at 08:09 AM.

I am a long way still from Aus. but it seems to me from this distance that Renault could build the marque quicker on the back of the Nissan dealer network. It must be negative for potential buyers to see a thin network and to hear of the poor resale values because of ignorance of the scale of Renault. The have to get ex Ford and Holden owners to switch in their direction and if they think that they are buying from a company that makes a few thousand cars a year, well .........

1000+ Posts

Default PSA to merge its service networks

We have a new Peugeot dealer in Hobart. Also sell Subaru and Mercedes. Have a rotten reputation for charging and arrogance to clients.
    I had a good relationship with the old dealers. Apparently Peugeot told them to put more cars in the show room, yet they weren't selling (may not have been trying hard enough), and the dealers said stuff it up their jumper - ta, ta.
    The Renault dealership in Hobart has changed several times over the past few years. Right now Nissan and Mitsubishi are sold from the same dealers.
    The difficulties of living in a small market. Something Gerry will get to appreciate in the fullness of time!
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    Should happen with Renault and Nissan in this country. I don't know why they keep the two apart when Nissan has many more dealers and workshops that could be of real help to Renault owners who often have to travel for miles to find a dealer. Brisbane has nine (9) Nissan dealers and only two (2) Renault dealers. My local Nissan dealer, only 2km down the road, once advised me that they are not allowed to service my Renault Koleos/X-Trail. Silly really. But that does not stop me from getting parts like fitters etc from them, which are branded Nissan anyway.
    Your problem would be that if Joe Public realised that their next Nissan purchase was 48% Renault they would stop buying them immediately. Renault and Nissan in Oz apparently have no wish to be associated with each other on the ground here, for reasons that go back a good few years. Renault Oz will just have to do the hard yards on their own merits. It is good that their product sales are increasing.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Fellow Frogger!

The two so-called Renault dealers in Brisbane are not 'stand-alone' dealers but are woven into very large multi-brand dealerships.
    One shares space with Ford, Volkswagen, Skoda, Isuzu and Chery (I think they have dropped Chery now and given the space over to Renault), while at the other dealer Renault competes with Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and surprisingly also Nissan (Kim please note). The point is, what chance has Renault got to stand out and make a name for itself? In fairness it must be pointed out that in both cases Renault has at least negotiated an attractive 'shop-front' with Renault logo to draw attention to itself. However, that is like having your tent in the enemy camp.
    Last edited by Breitie; 14th September 2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breitie View Post
    The two so-called Renault dealers in Brisbane are not 'stand-alone' dealers but are woven into very large multi-brand dealerships.
    One shares space with Ford, Volkswagen, Skoda, Isuzu and Chery (I think they have dropped Chery now and given the space over to Renault), while at the other dealer Renault competes with Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Hyundai and surprisingly also Nissan (Kim please note). The point is, what chance has Renault got to stand out and make a name for itself? In fairness it must be pointed out that in both cases Renault has at least negotiated an attractive 'shop-front' with Renault logo to draw attention to itself.
    You are pointing out in real terms why Renault can't sell more cars. Tied to the back of volume brands dealers they have not got a hope in hell. The sheer volumes required by the majors leave the dealers able to only give lip service to low volume sellers like Renault. The fact that Renault dealerships change around so often is simply an indication that whichever dealer had it before their performance was unsatisfactory to either their owners or Renault Australia.

1000+ Posts

In the Gong there's a dealer (Corban) who sells Renault and Peugeot and Citroen from the same showroom. It would be interesting to know customer perceptions there.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    In the Gong there's a dealer (Corban) who sells Renault and Peugeot and Citroen from the same showroom. It would be interesting to know customer perceptions there.
    You would think they would perceive the emporium as pandering to zany Frog car enthusiasts?

This description of the market makes it easy to see why the ex French companies, as they go global, put their capital into emerging markets first.

Exactly! However it doesn't stop loyal buyers making their purchases even when the offerings on sale are not the choice of Mr and Mrs Unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    A modern day performance of Cyrano de Bergerac (the Dealer Prinipcal) in a love triangle.

Roxanne being Citroen. Her two wayward and impossible to discipline sisters being Renault and Peugeot.

Kim Luck likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hi,
    From my discussions with French car buyers and my own experiences. I would say around here in Australia the companies could consider this breakdown of the proposition.
    "Merge service networks". Reformat to "merge networks" give customer "service". I do believe the Japanese opposition did this many years ago when they were selling much less attractive cars. But who won that 'war'. European cars here have been sold by a succession of importers who just regarded them as cash cows and customers as idiots who were good for a ripoff IMHO. Selling cars here at a premium that were just common cars in their home markets. Seemed to suit the manufacturers at the time but now it does not LOL
    jaahn

Thread Information