The DS bvh rediscovered by Suzuki India.
  • Register
  • Help

Default The DS bvh rediscovered by Suzuki India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0h77X7cwJA

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

I have a Chevy Nova(1969..)with basicly the same Transmission. Offered for only 3 years(1968-'70..)the "Torque-Drive" Transmission was designed to eliminate the Clutch Pedal/Clutch. The idea was that you placed the Selector in "1'st",and then you Shifted into 'Drive',the idea was to save Gas/just like this modern Suzuki. In the end though,this Transmission is nothing more than a 2-Speed 'Powerglide' Transmission(in FACT,that IS what it is,,a modified Powerglide..)with a Manual-Valve-Body installed. It was only offered with Column Shifter. And it was only offered with either the 153 Inline-Four,or either of the two Inline-Sixes(230ci/3.8Ltr. or 250ci/4.1Ltr. ..). It was never offered with a V8.

1000+ Posts

Hi Stephine,a completely different bowl of fruit. The bvh is a 4speed with conventional clutch activated hydraulically when the lever,fingertip control,is moved. Correctly set up it creeps in forward or reverse;1st or reverse,when brake is released making reverse parking easy and giving smooth take off. Upshifts require easing of accelerator but downshifts do not providing quick acceleration for overtaking. It also has a higher ratio crown wheel which means the 4th speed is nearly the equivalent of the 5th speed in the 5speed box giving excellent high speed cruising;no longer allowed by plod,Andy. Addit. That's more like it Jerry.
    Last edited by alhantos; 7th September 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhantos View Post
    Hi Stephine,a completely different bowl of fruit. The bvh is a 4speed with conventional clutch activated hydraulically when the lever,fingertip control,is moved. Correctly set up it creeps in forward or reverse;1st or reverse,when brake is released making reverse parking easy and giving smooth take off. Upshifts require easing of accelerator but downshifts do not providing quick acceleration for overtaking. It also has a higher ratio crown wheel which means the 4th speed is nearly the equivalent of the 5th speed in the 5speed box giving excellent high speed cruising;no longer allowed by plod,Andy. Addit. That's more like it Jerry.
    iI'd suggest the design is very very similar. The only real difference is the clutch operation is automated.

The design with an actuators for the clutch and gear selectors is identical.

The DS bvh rediscovered by Suzuki India.-auto1.jpg

The DS bvh rediscovered by Suzuki India.-auto2.jpg

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Actually this seems to be somewhat superior of a BVH, because under certain conditions in manual mode it will shift automatically for you- something the BVH never did. You can also shift with application of throttle in the automatic mode.

This holds promise to be a decent, usable advance in the state-of-the-art.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

1000+ Posts

robmac,if you read my post you will realise I was referring to the Chev. not the Suzuki.

Quote Originally Posted by alhantos View Post
    robmac,if you read my post you will realise I was referring to the Chev. not the Suzuki.
    Whoops! Sorry

Thread Information