organisation consolidation at PSA and Renault/Nissan
  • Register
  • Help

Default organisation consolidation at PSA and Renault/Nissan

PSA have been merging the upper levels of management and pushing the separation of responsibility for the Peugeot and CitroŽn brands down the ladder. It is now far from a company that owns two car making enterprises. It is one company that sells its platforms under two brands.

Now Renault and Nissan are following a similar path. A number of strategic management positions whose decisions lay with one or other company and brand are being eliminated and put under a single person.

Interesting times!

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Gerry, I always enjoy your interesting and informative contributions. Thanks. Regarding the Renault/Nissan 'Family Platforms': it is the case that the Renault Koleos and the Nissan X-Trail will in future only be distinguishable by their respective body shapes. The mechanicals will be the same, more so than they are already. That is good news for Koleos owners who cannot sell or trade their second hand Koleos' for love nor money - like me, believe me I have tried - without leaving a lot of financial skin behind. I for one will probably opt for the X-Trail next time, seeing I get the same mechanical package, but with a much better chance of getting a reasonable price upon resale. Unless the new Koleos, due in 2016, proves irresistible at any price!

Instead of having one person responsable to Renault management for new product conception and a parallel one at Nissan they have moved to one for the whole alliance. It is easier to design platforms that way, that will anticipate the needs of the different marques.
    In a particular location there will be a different history and image of marques and in particular the depth of the dealer network. The manufacturer may will be manipulating the market images to allow them to address a separate market.
    IMHO there is no point in imagining that a Koleos has French 'flair' when in fact it is not even popular in France and was intended to have much wider distribution. If it has a Nissan badge on it in a market where Nissan has a reputable dealer network and an image that enhances second hand value, then why be sucked in by the spin doctors?
    The French are buying the Captiva, Clio, Duster and now the new Twingo in serious numbers and through a much more limited dealer network, the Quashed Can.

Fellow Frogger!

I think you mean the Renault CAPTUR not the Captiva, which here is a Holden badged SUV made by Daiwoo in Asia somewhere and is quite popular, although neighbours of mine had no end of trouble with it and named it CRaptiva before giving it back to the dealer.
    The Captur was due here this year but has been delayed until next year, perhaps because of its popularity elsewhere. And as for the Quashed Can, well, a rose by any other name……made in Britain and appears to be value for money and sells in great numbers.
    As for the poor Koleos, Mr Hocevar is quoted as saying that: "it is not exceeding our expectations", a wonderful understatement considering that sales of less than 600 units this year are 38% down on last year, despite severe price reductions and 'specials' that evidently devastated used car values.
    Last edited by Breitie; 7th September 2014 at 07:59 AM.

sorry, of course Captur. Mistakes like that are getting more common as my brain fades to black.

Via the aussiefrogs App

Thread Information