Slow forum this morning
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Slow forum this morning

I mentioned that I'd leave the console timer on in the Godaddy thread.

Advertisement

Today, the forum was stuck up again, and before it stuck completely, the timer showed the trouble to be in that cursed menace jquery. It was taking 12 secs to respond.

Later when it froze, I noticed that a referral to code.jquery.com was unanswered - indeed that site was hard to get responding even using networking utilities. jquery is a javascript library invented to overcome the many problems of Microsoft's appalling IE. It also introduces new problems of it's own, and is much better not used when html can do the job.

Accessing Aussiefrogs' URL with the curl argument trace-ascii was as normal, but that is merely downloading code, not executing it - in other words, the site was up, but non-functional.

i'll post a graphic from the timer (the browser being followed was Opera) when this is sorted (as well as insert some white space):

[edit] It's back, so here's the pic from before it clogged completely:

Slow forum this morning-screenshot-7.jpg
    Last edited by seasink; 3rd September 2014 at 01:03 PM.

JBN

I've had a shocker of a morning with my computer this morning. OK, I still have my favourite computer running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8. My other computer runs Windows 7 and the latest version of Internet Explorer. I notoced on my Google homepage an ad to install Google Chrome and I should do that. I should also move all my important stuff to the Win 7 computer.

I am just too lazy. I need to copy my Favourites from IE as that represents 15 years of interesting websites, some of which I use daily and others less regularly. Is there any way I can easily copy these to either Chrome or IE11 on the Win7 machine?

I realise that I am theoretically vunerable to hackers, but I feel that every time they look into my computer they are baffled with the old applications, written well before their time, and go on to easier pickings. I have heard it said that hackers can't read hieroglyphics.

John

Many of my workers are slow every morning, they all need to be re-booted methink.

1000+ Posts

Icon12

Sooo,THAT'S how they treat the Worker's in OZ....they Re-boot them! Such behavior should not be tolerated in the Workplace...... ~Steph.

1000+ Posts

JBN, IE can download (export) it's bookmarks/favourites to a .htm file. This file can then be viewed in any other browser, and all the links can be bookmarked back again. Give up on IE.

Stephine, make allowances for him; he's a Queenslander.

1000+ Posts

Icon12

Well,yeah,I've heard those Queenslanders run a tight Ship!

Oh yes, it's so tight most people from other states give up trying to crack it.

Thread Information