respraying my car..
  • Register
  • Help

Default respraying my car..

gday all,

good to be back online!

just a quick question, i want to get my car resprayed (not to sure if im going to keep the same colour or put a new colour, if thats possible)
    but im not to sure how to go about it, do they match to the colour wanted or do u nead a colour code etc?

also could anyone recommend a place in melbourne.. thankyou

cheers to the beers!

Advertisement

give us a clue on the standard of fininish and how it relates to the amount you a prepared to pay, ie price no object show car sandard required Vs cost the main issue reasonable std of finnish.
    I had the low cost option on my car with all car park marks removed about 6 yr ago by a work from home guy in St Albans if you are interested.
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

You can get a backyard job for a couple of hundred bucks, but don't, you'll regret it. Top notch jobs can be 7 or 8 grand.

Changing the colour will be more expensive, because to do it properly will require stripping out the engine bay etc to get the colour right through.

Paint can be mixed according to the colour code if yo uwant a standard colour, or it can be matched from another vehicle or object that is the colour you want.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Quote Originally Posted by Pugnut403
    You can get a backyard job for a couple of hundred bucks, but don't, you'll regret it. Top notch jobs can be 7 or 8 grand.

Changing the colour will be more expensive, because to do it properly will require stripping out the engine bay etc to get the colour right through.

Paint can be mixed according to the colour code if yo uwant a standard colour, or it can be matched from another vehicle or object that is the colour you want.
    Don't forget that on a more modern vehicle people (ie buyers when you want to sell it) will always wonder why a car has been reprayed, if they are not buying it as some riced or modified custom car, or restoration job of an older model. They may think you are trying to hide a previous bad crash or it has been rebirthed. So unless it is really necessary I'd try to avoid a respray as much as possible or at least keep it the same colour if your intentions are to keep it as a relatively standard vehicle. Odd colours from standard can affect resale value too.

But be careful of resprayers, it is best looking at previous examples of their work, THEN ask if it was the same people who are still working there currently who did the work on the examples you view. There are a LOT of sharks out there!!

thanks for the advise,

i was told a by a mate that i could get a fairly decent respray for around 2K?? which i would be happy to spend, its annoying because my car is a 205 in the cherrry red colour (the most common!).. id kill for a topaz blue pug

yep the blue might look better but it is probably metallic and much harder to look after, and before you know it it will need a repspay too unless looked after extremely well.

Maybe you could sell your 205 as is and buy the one you want? The red looks good! So does black and so does white, ie the non metallic colours. At least with the latter you can polish out most blemishes like scratches.

Cheers ..... Nick

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

and of course if you want to change a colour there is a lot of work involved

i know a bloke that had a blue car and changed it to white and when he finished you couldn't pick that it was ever a blue car

except for a bit of blue paint under the rear seat

you wouldn't know who that was at all would you Nick ????
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

yep Sean it was stripped back to bare metal, and painted and baked in Berger - the colour was "Incredible White" goes with someone's surname hmm !, just a coincidence though. It was so white, that on a sunny day it was blindingly so, cost a motza to do professionaly - any news on the old girl/boy?

Cheers .. Nick.
    Gosh its past me bedtime. Why are u up so late, I think you should get up early and wash those Pugs. They look a little dusty from here.

You know if I listen very carefully at work - I can hear all the holdens and ricers rusting in the car park - true

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick I
    yep Sean it was stripped back to bare metal, and painted and baked in Berger - the colour was "Incredible White" goes with someone's surname hmm !, just a coincidence though. It was so white, that on a sunny day it was blindingly so, cost a motza to do professionaly - any news on the old girl/boy?

Cheers .. Nick.
    Gosh its past me bedtime. Why are u up so late, I think you should get up early and wash those Pugs. They look a little dusty from here.

You know if I listen very carefully at work - I can hear all the holdens and ricers rusting in the car park - true

i remember the name of the colour well and yes it was very bright and hard to look at in the sun

latest news is still the same

i rang the bloke again but he was busy in the shed and was going to call me back yesterday do i'll track him down again hopefully over the weekend

i also found another 604 this week as well but it is going to be stripped out

for some reason i went to bed earlier but couldn't sleep so i though i would see what was happening here

i'm going to see about looking at the box in the 604 later today to see if i can get it working a bit better

i have another box here if need be to put in the car but i'll try and sort the one out in the car first to save pulling the box out
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Thread Information