No Pugs in Canada!!!!
  • Register
  • Help

Default No Pugs in Canada!!!!

Hi all, I just returned home after 4 weeks of snowboarding in canada, that was magic! The mountains are literally breathtaking (altitude). sorry to rub it in but i'm still stoked after the experience. Sorry to hear about the data loss...did it get rid of that drag racing thread??? ! But one very dissapointing thing, no PUGS, no citroens, and no renault in north america, what the? The only decent cars seem to be (and this is hard to say) are hondas and mazda, otherwise you buy pontiac or some rubbish. Although the corvettes are kinda sexy. They do have some better choice though, like 2 door accords and, get this 4 door integras, its a strange land indeed. you can get all the other euro's though, BMW, Audi, porsche( a boxter starts at $69,000!) But another interesting thing, their standard fuel is 89 octane with premium only rated at 96, that seems like lower quality than oz??? After a while of driving a sloppy Pontiac Grand Prix (think commodore with front drive, 14" wheels and 185 tyres, and completely undersprung) I'm very glad to get back into the 306. Anyhow, this is probabably all very boring, so.....

Advertisement

nJm

I believe in the US they use a different method to obtain their octane ratings. I'm pretty sure their ULP, 87 octane is the same as our 91.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    Hi all, I just returned home after 4 weeks of snowboarding in canada, that was magic! The mountains are literally breathtaking (altitude). sorry to rub it in but i'm still stoked after the experience. Sorry to hear about the data loss...did it get rid of that drag racing thread??? ! But one very dissapointing thing, no PUGS, no citroens, and no renault in north america, what the? The only decent cars seem to be (and this is hard to say) are hondas and mazda, otherwise you buy pontiac or some rubbish. Although the corvettes are kinda sexy. They do have some better choice though, like 2 door accords and, get this 4 door integras, its a strange land indeed. you can get all the other euro's though, BMW, Audi, porsche( a boxter starts at $69,000!) But another interesting thing, their standard fuel is 89 octane with premium only rated at 96, that seems like lower quality than oz??? After a while of driving a sloppy Pontiac Grand Prix (think commodore with front drive, 14" wheels and 185 tyres, and completely undersprung) I'm very glad to get back into the 306. Anyhow, this is probabably all very boring, so.....
    The fuel quality isn't any different, they use a different standard of measure for octane numbers. Here we use the Road Octane Number (RON) and (I think) North America use the Motor Octane Number (MON). Just to confuse the matter even further there is an Anti-Knock Index (AKI) and a Co-operative fuel research (CFR) number.

As far as I know, the French car companies pretty much gave up on the North American market years ago. There are rumours of a comeback if PSA release an SUV - otherwise I don't think they have much of a chance.

But surely there are Saabs there?

nJm

They love Saabs

On the VWVortex forum (mainly US based) someone has posted photos of the Peugeot 407 silhouette coupe thing. They all love it, appart from one person who thought it was too ricy.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1265544

Actually, a lot of people there love the look of the 406 coupe, the 206 GTi and Clio Sport. I think someone posted images of a recent Citroen concept and they liked that too on the whole.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information