G'day,
    you heard it here first...

Renault electric van - Australia Post

Advertisement
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

JBN

AP sacked the local postie who used to ride a pushbike. He was a really nice friendly bloke. A bit challenged mentally and he said he was bullied at work, but he loved his job.

He's been replaced by one that doesn't like his job and rides a Honda 50.

John

If they can train the Renault vans to deliver correctly addressed mail into correctly marked letter boxes then they would have game skun.

Or even if they could deliver courier articles to a concealed spot instead of just inside the unlocked gate in the rain.

The dude (on the Honda 50) delivering was indignant I'd complained about him delivering next doors mail to our house- consistently.

He fronted me the other day and protested - took the smile off his face when I chased him down the road with neighbor's mail - wrongly delivered again.

Pay peanuts, set unrealistic workloads and get monkeys.

Good move not to sell AP - The Australian Government would likely be paying the purchaser.

1000+ Posts

A bloke was round here recently on one of their electric bikes - it cost more than a postie motor bike and was labouring with the hills. We have enough trouble with these blokes already because they can't drive along footpaths (should that be rut and ruin unpaved footpaths?); they hate riding postie bikes up each driveway and will not ride down them on the other side of the road. They quote some safety manual about reversing that came from Melbourne where perhaps everything is level and standardised.

I mention this, wondering how day to day deliveries will work with a Renault van. Of course they would suit AP couriers - they have never been known to actually deliver anything round here.

One postal supervisor wants the boxes moved to the roadside, as they are in outer rural parts. Needless to say he won't accept responsibility for them.

I fondly remember the PMG Vespa trikes when I was a kid. A mate acquired one at auction, and we all basically learned to drive with that thing, and some old Honda step-thru's. Then an old car or two, which usually lasted a few weeks under our less than careful management. Smashing into fruit trees on rural properties, probably saved my life many times when I got out onto the black stuff.

Fellow Frogger!

Default australia post

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess fan View Post
    I fondly remember the PMG Vespa trikes when I was a kid. A mate acquired one at auction, and we all basically learned to drive with that thing, and some old Honda step-thru's. Then an old car or two, which usually lasted a few weeks under our less than careful management. Smashing into fruit trees on rural properties, probably saved my life many times when I got out onto the black stuff.
    It takes someone of my age to remember the postie on a push bike delivering twice a day (weekdays) and Saturday morning with a blow of the whistle to let you know you had mail. I recently read where Australia Post is bragging about introducing Saturday morning deliveries .............. So what's new!

Brilliant - at least their will now be some complied ZE's in the country. Hopefully they're not totally shagged by the time they hit the auctions...

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by panhard View Post
    It takes someone of my age to remember the postie on a push bike delivering twice a day (weekdays) and Saturday morning with a blow of the whistle to let you know you had mail. I recently read where Australia Post is bragging about introducing Saturday morning deliveries .............. So what's new!
    You lucky bastard, we only got once a day, and no Saturday delivery.(except for Christmas.)
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Forget it! Do it by email.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

And another take on the Kangoos -
    Renault Kangoo - Renault provides four electric Postie vans | GoAuto

Cheers
    Bryce
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

New postie bike colours:-

Australia Post to use Renault electric vans-ccc.jpg
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

I'm told that the new "postie" is a Chinese engined 150cc thing. The venerable Honda CT110 will be no more. I had a "civilian" version of the 110 postie bike a few years ago. Split range 4 speed, and totally enclosed chain, twin side stands, locking front brake and hand guards; just like an Ag bike. Hard to beat for commuting (city) fun, always gets a smile, and I miss it.

I'm told that the new "postie" is a Chinese engined 150cc thing. The venerable Honda CT110 will be no more. I had a "civilian" version of the 110 postie bike a few years ago. Split range 4 speed, and totally enclosed chain, twin side stands, locking front brake and hand guards; just like an Ag bike. Hard to beat for commuting (city) fun, always gets a smile, and I miss it.
    In that case they may need two bikes for each postie. One to ride when the other is in the workshop
    Every day is a good day

Icon6

G'day,
    the new bike is still 105cc, red, made by Honda, with lots of Chinese bits.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

JBN

At least the old red Honda ex-postie bikes are put to regular use on the annual postie bike runs through the outback. Lang Kidby, the adventurer, started the annual Brisbane to Darwin run and I noticed a few weeks ago that one runs through Marree to who knows where? (Birdsville or Oodnadatta).

John

Quote Originally Posted by Only19 View Post
    And another take on the Kangoos -
    Renault Kangoo - Renault provides four electric Postie vans | GoAuto

Cheers
    Bryce
    That must be the remnants of the electric vehicle trial at the Dept of Transport. Amazing any of it survived the last few years!!

And jeez they hit the face lifted Kangoos with the ugly stick... Even the mercedes version looks less hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day,
    the new bike is still 105cc, red, made by Honda, with lots of Chinese bits.
    I have seen the new green bikes on the road my way
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    and they are down here too.......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    G'day,
    the first of the new bikes were green. When we asked 'why green' we received a stock answer along the lines of ' it represents how green Auspost is'. A few months after their introduction, someone 'higher' up in the organisation asked the same question. Hence, there are a few green bikes, the rest are red.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug

Thread Information