Heritage Traffic Jam
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizardofaus

Thread: Heritage Traffic Jam

Default Heritage Traffic Jam

We took one of our Traction Avants to a heritage 1970's traffic jam" (bouchon de patrimoine) yesterday.

150 cars and a few vintage bikes managed to tie up the middle of le Blanc (in the Vienne) for a whole afternoon. This is a video of the first 15 minutes, trimmed to 7 minutes to cut out some of the sitting around bits.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Icon14

My kind of gridlock! ~Steph.

I helped by boiling in the middle of the only line of traffic that happened to be moving. I felt it was my duty.... Then the yank tank behind went one better by boiling over, then demanding to be pushed to one side whilst having the handbrake on.

1000+ Posts

Icon9

Those Americans:-They can't behave anywhere,can they? I was out in one of my own classics today,a 1964 Mercury Comet,I had no problems considering the 80-Plus-Degree Weather,slow-speed Stop-N-Go Traffic,ect. However,I WAS a bit shocked @ the number of late models with their Hoods propped up & shoved off to the side of the Highway. Summer is also the time of year where you'll see LOTS of People with Punctures/Flats,again,I was surprised @ the Number of newer Cars off to the side of the Highway. I guess most Folks seem to think that their late model 'Eco-Bubble/Soulless Egg's' are going to save the Planet,all on their own,WITHOUT their Human keepers to look after the Mechanical side of things. Oh well. ~Steph.

Thread Information