Peugeot/Citroen diagnostics
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Peugeot/Citroen diagnostics

Hi
    For the knowlegable Aussie Froggers If I buy a lexia to diagnose my Citroen will that work straight up on Peugeots ? Or visa versa. Or do you have to pretend its a different brand of car and stuff around

Has there been any concensus as to what type to buy or from which buyer. I am not particularly happy with wasting time on computers so would pay a little more for an easy setup version

Do they sell one which works on a modern laptop. I would prefer to use my current laptop with Windows 7 not some old POS(even if the software is easier).
    cheers Jaahn

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Hi Jaahn

Yes, when you purchase Lexia for Citroens you also get PP2000 for Peugeots. In the more recent versions these two are combined with a single top-level interface called Diagbox (although this only works if the hardware unit has the upgraded hardware/firmware).

As to using on software later than Win XP - from my own experience I would have said not, but read this thread:
    Diagnostic tools and plug-in performance enhancers;

lisaskye (2nd post) seems to have found a supplier of hardware with the latest firmware which supports latest software, which does run on later versions of Windows. This is good news - a couple of years ago I paid above the "usual" price for a bundle that claimed to support the latest software (Diagbox) - it did not! So buyer beware...

Cheers

Alec

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Hi Jaahn
    Yes, when you purchase Lexia for Citroens you also get PP2000 for Peugeots. In the more recent versions these two are combined with a single top-level interface called Diagbox (although this only works if the hardware unit has the upgraded hardware/firmware).
    As to using on software later than Win XP - from my own experience I would have said not, but read this thread:
    Diagnostic tools and plug-in performance enhancers;
    lisaskye (2nd post) seems to have found a supplier of hardware with the latest firmware which supports latest software, which does run on later versions of Windows. This is good news - a couple of years ago I paid above the "usual" price for a bundle that claimed to support the latest software (Diagbox) - it did not! So buyer beware...
    Cheers Alec
    Hi Alex
    Thanks for the leg up to the Pug postings and also the clear answer about what you get re the software. For those of us with excellent spanner skills but lesser keyboard skills, the transition into software is a bit fraught and the general lack of clear descriptions of the products or what they actually do, does not help.

I am aware of buyer beware ... but how to be aware in this international day and age is the question ?? AF is certainly one answer I have been put off by previous tales of woe from people who had to spend hours to get theirs to work. I am not up for that.

I will investigate the unit mentioned;
    " I purchased this one it was 49.95 pounds in December Peugeot Citroen Diagnostic Tool Latest Diagbox PP2000 Lexia 3 DHL Fedex Shipping | eBay
    Worked first time on windows 7 and arrived within 2 days from Hong Kong
    Dave"

A friend has purchased a Pug recently and is interested in using it also, so we will share it. He is also more computer savvy
    jaahn

PS For those who might be interested. I have a scanner that I have used for some years. It's the French car version and cost more than the unit above. It will identify faults and clear them. It will do some things but not much useful despite the glowing description of possible uses. Not worth buying IMHO
    Last edited by jaahn; 14th May 2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding thoughts

1000+ Posts

Default Bits ?

Hi
    Just an update on my investigation into the unit referred to above.
    I requested some details about the suitability for my windows 7 laptop. See reply following; Bloody nerd jargon sh*t !!
    Hello mate;
    Provided Peugeot/Citroen interface use all PCA software.
    If you order it, you will get Diagbox 5 and Diagbox 7. Diagbox 7 will be on DVD added in the parcel. Diagbox 5 will be provided via downloadable links. all file stored in servers located in New Zealand.
    Let you know:
    Diagbox 5.29 run on:
    - Windows XP Professional 32 bit, last service pack SP3 installed
    - Virtual XP 32bit machine. You are able to install Diagbox 7 on your current Windows if you install Diagbox on a virtual machine. If you do not know how to do on Virtual Machine - ask somebody to help you.
    Diagbox 7.42 run on 32bit windows only except Windows 8. I recommend you to install it on:
    - Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate or Enterprise editions
    - Virtual XP 32bit machine. You are able to install Diagbox 7 on your current Windows if you install Diagbox on a virtual machine. If you do not know how to do on Virtual Machine - ask somebody to help you.
    So let me know what Windows 7do you have - is it Home, Pro or Ultimate edition. Also is it 32bit or 64 bit.
    Best regards
    - auto_scanner

So I contacted Dave and he said his laptop was a 32 bit windows 7 so it worked OK with no problems, as he said. However mine is a 64 bit Home system and my friends is 64 bit Pro. Bugger !! However my Pug friend thinks we can do the virtual machine with a bit of help from his kids
    So mates will keep you updated, Jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi
    Just an update on my investigation into the unit referred to above.
    I requested some details about the suitability for my windows 7 laptop. See reply following; Bloody nerd jargon sh*t !!
    Hello mate;
    Provided Peugeot/Citroen interface use all PCA software.
    If you order it, you will get Diagbox 5 and Diagbox 7. Diagbox 7 will be on DVD added in the parcel. Diagbox 5 will be provided via downloadable links. all file stored in servers located in New Zealand.
    Let you know:
    Diagbox 5.29 run on:
    Diagbox 7.42 run on 32bit windows only except Windows 8. I recommend you to install it on:
    - Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate or Enterprise editions
    So let me know what Windows 7do you have - is it Home, Pro or Ultimate edition. Also is it 32bit or 64 bit.
    Best regards
    - auto_scanner

So I contacted Dave and he said his laptop was a 32 bit windows 7 so it worked OK with no problems, as he said. However mine is a 64 bit Home system and my friends is 64 bit Pro. Bugger !! However my Pug friend thinks we can do the virtual machine with a bit of help from his kids
    So mates will keep you updated, Jaahn
    VM ware is far better that MS virtual PC.

VM ware is free and has a conversion software available to convert MS virtual pc files to VM ware files.

You can download MS virtual pc files of win XP for free.

If you want an acceptably fast virtual operating on your Win7/64 machine it's best to have plenty of RAM.

I've been using VM ware to run a virtual XP machine on Win7 pro/64 for a couple years now, rock solid and reliable - just a bit of a learning curve. I have 32 Gb of ram and xp runs faster than ever.

I have XP on a second screen. VM ware allows allows seamless drag and drop from/to the Win7 desktop. Mouse and pointer integration is first class.

USB ports/serial ports can be connected/disconnected from host OS and mapped to guest OS.

I previously used Ms Virtual PC (VPC) and had no end of problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peugeot/Citroen diagnostics-clipboard01.jpg  
    Last edited by robmac; 19th May 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Thread Information