Optus internet/phone not working
  • Help

Default Optus internet/phone not working

I have Optus broadband for landline phone and internet and it has been down since 3am this morning. Looking at their site there have been issues in a number of areas today. My area is listed as having problems but the info hasn't been updated since 9.30am. They say it is being 'repaired' but there is no mention of when it will be working again, it just says TBA. I tried phoning and the automated voice gave about the same information as the web site. I post here using 3G asking if anyone else is experiencing issues with Optus broadband. I've known this to happen for a couple of hours in the past but never for this long.

Advertisement

Telstra left me in the dark for 24 hours without even bothering to mention it on their website, and I waited for 45 minutes on the line to find out that yes, they have a problem in my area. I guess it's the normal degrading customer service in a market with no competition.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 11th April 2014 at 03:53 AM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Telstra left me in the dark for 24 hours without even bothering to mention it on their website, and I waited for 45 minutes on the line to find out that yes, they hve a problem in my area. I guess it's the normal degrading customer service in a market with no competition.
    It just came back on now so that was 22 hrs with no information update since this morning. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing!

For me it was the second time in two years.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Are you in Cranbourne? There is a notice out from 09-04-2014 03:47 AEST to the present, with no estimate of repair time. "Some ADSL services". The fault isn't listed.

FWIW Optus have a Facebook page where you can vent your spleen, as I have done in the past

https://www.facebook.com/optus
    Past Frogs:
    Alpine White 1967 R10 (round eye)
    Alpine White 1972 R16TS
    Blue 1978 Virage Wagon

Current:
    Red 2009 Clio RS 200 CUP

Thread Information