Diddly Hyundai (service) manual
  • Help

Default Diddly Hyundai (service) manual

A friend's hi-undi has a suspected blown headgasket but I don't really want to pull the head off (car still runs okay-ish) before I have a look at the manual and can't bloody find it anywhere (I mean I could buy it overseas but it would take forever to get here, didn't realise we're under some sort of embargo, mail that used to take five days now takes a month to get here - various sellers make specific notes about Australia). Anyone know a shop where they have seen the Haynes manual for Accent 2000?

Called Hyundai here and apparently the gasket itself is 80$ and the complete kit is over 400$ and I have no idea if anything else might be needed, so can't make a decision what to get either.

Advertisement
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Have you tried The Pitstop Bookshop?

Oh looks like Haynes have an online subscription service now.

Hyundai Excel and Accent Repair Manual Online covering all models 1986 thru 2009

1000+ Posts

Hyundai used to have excellent highly detailed service manuals, just like the good old days. I don't know if they still do, but a dealer parts department would know.

Hyundai cars are cheap, but the genuine spares certainly are not. There's enough of these cars around to be it worth your while looking for a non-genuine kit.

Send a PM to Fingers. He has been checking out the racing category of older Hyundais, and may well have some ideas about what's available and where from.

Autodata type books will have your torques.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO View Post
    Oh looks like Haynes have an online subscription service now.

Hyundai Excel and Accent Repair Manual Online covering all models 1986 thru 2009
    or schlitzaugen could try this exotic source:
    Hyundai Accent 1999 2007 Workshop Service Repair Manual ON CD | eBay

mind you, it is going to cost $6.95, so he might baulk at the extravagance.

I found on ebay the OEM workshop manuals but they're in the US and cost 100$ to buy and 60$ to get here. For that kind of money I can have someone tow the car away and throw it off a cliff. We'll see.

Yes, Alex, I found that option and I shot an email to the guy requesting some picture samples to make sure they're not some crappy scans (like I've seen manuals before) but didn't get an answer yet. Besides, I am old skool. I like a piece of paper in my hand.

Pit stop doesn't show them, and I called and they said they don't even have a listing.

Still, somewhat miffed I can find a manual for Renault 17 off the shelf and yet impossible to find a Hyundi given how ubiqueous the POS are.

And that's not all. The Haynes is fishy (again, I only found the copy mentioned above) but I am a bit suspicious about it covering all those models. I have an old Renault book like that and it's crap (and deals only with american models). There are three generations of Accents between those years and I don't want to find they have a critical picture of some detail from a model that doesn't match this piece of shit in my driveway (did I mention it's an auto?).
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 26th March 2014 at 02:12 AM.

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post

Yes, Alex, I found that option and I shot an email to the guy requesting some picture samples to make sure they're not some crappy scans (like I've seen manuals before) but didn't get an answer yet. Besides, I am old skool. I like a piece of paper in my hand.
    for god's sake, it cost <$7, and all youre trying to do is take the head off.

in fact, i will tell you what: i will buy one and let you know if it is "some crappy scan" or not.

*** UPDATE***
    1 min 30 seconds later, i have now bought the CD.
    will get back to you when it arrives.

I got a picture from the guy, Alex and it seems it's a very good scan (or copy?) of the OEM workshop manual so I bought one.

It's POS car, Alex, and it's not mine. The lady who owns it bought it in spite of my advice not to.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 26th March 2014 at 01:24 PM.

Banned

Default Diddly Hyundai (service) manual

It's not a scan. It is several searchable electronic documents making up the Hyundai oem service manual. Like almost every other service manual on a cd on eBay.

My question is, for $6.95, why would you even ask for a sample scan when you're saying you can't find one at all here and they are $160 in printed form from the US? And why would s scan of a printed manual be less useful than the manual from which scanned?? You're only trying to rake the head off a car not perform mail order brain surgery.
    Last edited by alexander; 28th March 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Ahh.
    A not so fishy electrofiche?

Via the aussiefrogs App

Banned

Exactly! One swam to my house and another apparently swimming to Western Australia as we speak

What are you doing with yours - does the ex have a Hyundai these days?

Got it today, didn't look at it though.

I need something I can work with, not a scan done with a coffee grinder. Don't care what it cost, owner pays. In truth, even if they paid for the hard copy to be mailed from the US they still get the work for free so they are better off than going to the dealer.

But if mine is like yours, then it should be good.

I think I said suspected blown headgasket so not yet sure. We'll see.

Yo, Alex, can you post here a picture from your manual? Mine looks a bit simplistic, kinda like a 3rd grader's drawings. Good quality pictures of a kid's drawing. Nothing like the factory Renault manuals. Say a picture with something like the timing belt or something.

Banned

Yo, Alex, can you post here a picture from your manual? Mine looks a bit simplistic, kinda like a 3rd grader's drawings. Good quality pictures of a kid's drawing. Nothing like the factory Renault manuals. Say a picture with something like the timing belt or something.
    sorry, but i dont follow you at all. if you bought the manual using the same ebay link i posted, then it will be the same item. am i missing something? that item turns out to be a CD with something in the order of 1500 pages of electronic file, which appear to be a rendition of the hyundai service manual. what exactly are you looking at??

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    What are you doing with yours - does the ex have a Hyundai these days?

adam, i only bought it to emphasis the silliness of Almond Eyes' position: if you say you need a manual to work on a car, and there is one on ebay claiming to be a service manual, and it costs $6.95, why would you contact the seller asking for a sample image???? like, i would barely bend over to pick up $2, as the actress said to the bishop..... if it turned out to be a home scan of a Haynes manual, it would be a bargain at $6.95, given that the hard copy of them cost more like $60 ish. rather, you just click the Buy It Now button and pay immediately.

in fact, the item in question is, as noted above something well in excess off 1000 pages or searchable digital PDF file. no, i do not own a hyundai.

Sorry to not be of much help here, (i did try) but I cant help but feel a sense of irony here.

When I was doing up my engine, I found the lack of engine building info like clearances etc quite frustrating so I set about finding what other 2l motors run.
    Turns out the best reference I got was a really detailed and well written hyundai manual downlowded online, probably from some dodgy Romanian site.

Jo

Got the complete 2011 Getz manual (genuine Hyundai, in English) for free at a dodgy Russian site:

Hyundai Getz ? ?????? ???? ? ???????????? - Hyundai ????????

Just make sure the virus program is fully up to date before going there. Just in case.

Cheers
    Bryce
    Who needs brakes? They only slow you down ....

1000+ Posts

Noticed a Hyundai Excell manual in the Salvo's bookshop on the Princes Highway at Heatherton today priced at $3.50, that seems to be their ruling price for motor manuals. Had I known it might be useful probably would have bought and posted it to you. Pity its on the other side of the City.. might be someone closer if that is what you need. No pug or Renault manuals tho, so I didn't have any interest at the time.

Regards

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    sorry, but i dont follow you at all. if you bought the manual using the same ebay link i posted, then it will be the same item. am i missing something? that item turns out to be a CD with something in the order of 1500 pages of electronic file, which appear to be a rendition of the hyundai service manual. what exactly are you looking at??

[...]

Actually, I bought mine from another guy, Alex. Mine cost more like 9$. Just post a picture from yours so I can check. Mine is a collection of .pdf files, about 24, each a chapter of the manual.

Hey, I say let everybody bend over for whatever they want.

Jo, I found that site, but the link he put up doesn't work anymore.

Just found this car has hydraulic lifters, so if I take the head off, I'll have to pay for pulling it apart before it goes on the machine and being put together before it goes back on the car.

Or can it be machined without taking all the valve gear out?
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 30th March 2014 at 02:39 AM.

Banned

Actually, I bought mine from another guy, Alex.
    Via the aussiefrogs App

Befter idea: spend another $6.95. Surely your marginal utility of money cant be too low to make you not?

Banned

Actually, I bought mine from another guy, Alex.
    Via the aussiefrogs App

Befter idea: spend another $6.95. Surely your marginal utility of money cant be so high to make you not?

Diddly Alex.

Thread Information