Thread: Old AF stored information ?

1000+ Posts

Default Old AF stored information ?

QUOTE; FANTASTIC PLASTIC
    3rd December 2001, 11:06 PM #1

Advertisement

GreenBlood

Fantastic Plastic. Hi all,

Noticed a few posts lately talking about dash mats for protection against sun damage, does anyone have a recommendation for a product to apply to plastic in cars, I have been advised not to use Armarol or any product with silicone in it? the suggestion was for a product from Super Cheap, I think it was branded Mother?
    Anyone have an opinion, there's alot of plastic in modern autos
    Cheers Chris

Hi lion Where the hell did you get this old thread from ? Things must just circle in cyberspace waiting for a opening to re-appear The previous reply was; 4th December 2001, 11:32 PM , davemcbean Might be interesting to get a current opinion from some of these previous repliers !! jaahn

Hi
    To avoid hijacking the other thread, FANTASTIC PLASTIC which has been resurrected, I have started another on the subject.

If this thread can be resurrected from such a long time ago, does that mean there is other information that might also be useful, still circling in the ether waiting to be retrieved. How can this be achieved. Lion how did you get this one up and running now after more than 12 years and several fatal AF crashes
    jaahn
    Last edited by jaahn; 25th March 2014 at 09:29 AM.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    QUOTE; FANTASTIC PLASTIC
    3rd December 2001, 11:06 PM #1

GreenBlood

Fantastic Plastic. Hi all,

Noticed a few posts lately talking about dash mats for protection against sun damage, does anyone have a recommendation for a product to apply to plastic in cars, I have been advised not to use Armarol or any product with silicone in it? the suggestion was for a product from Super Cheap, I think it was branded Mother?
    Anyone have an opinion, there's alot of plastic in modern autos
    Cheers Chris

Hi lion Where the hell did you get this old thread from ? Things must just circle in cyberspace waiting for a opening to re-appear The previous reply was; 4th December 2001, 11:32 PM , davemcbean Might be interesting to get a current opinion from some of these previous repliers !! jaahn

Hi
    To avoid hijacking the other thread, FANTASTIC PLASTIC which has been resurrected, I have started another on the subject.

If this thread can be resurrected from such a long time ago, does that mean there is other information that might also be useful, still circling in the ether waiting to be retrieved. How can this be achieved. Lion how did you get this one up and running now after more than 12 years and several fatal AF crashes
    jaahn
    In the big Go-Duddy crash we lost a huge amount of data, but we did retain much of the earlier posts etc. in the only usable backup we had.
    We did however lose several years of information, some of which has been saved but requires slotting back into the data base (time consuming and tricky) - all images were lost. A project for 'Ron'

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

So what is more difficult, restoring an french car, or restoring a french car forum???

Jo

Lock in 'B' please Eddie
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Thread Information