Hawks Nest Motorfest, where abouts?
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hawks Nest Motorfest, where abouts?

Default Hawks Nest Motorfest, where abouts?

I am planning to give my 404 ute a bit of a run to the Moterfest. I think i know where Hawks Nest is ,but where is the venue?

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    I am planning to give my 404 ute a bit of a run to the Moterfest. I think i know where Hawks Nest is ,but where is the venue?
    Hi Bad Bertie
    Well you could drive around Hawkes Nest for say 10 minutes and see every possible venue ?
    But here is a reference, looks like an interesting day if the rain holds off,
    teagardensonline.com.au-motor
    Have a great day jaahn

Quote Originally Posted by jaahn View Post
    Hi Bad Bertie
    Well you could drive around Hawkes Nest for say 10 minutes and see every possible venue ?
    But here is a reference, looks like an interesting day if the rain holds off,
    teagardensonline.com.au-motor
    Have a great day jaahn
    Yhanks matey!

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Well did ya go ?
    Was it good ?
    Did the 404 keep on truckin'

Jaahn

Well, I did go and broke down a mere 2 k from the venue! I stopped in Tea Gardens to go to an ATM and when I got back into the ute, she was dead! The battery has failed before as I use the ute not much and brought a spare battery, as you do! No luck with that one either. Rang the NRMA,he arrived and declared there was not enough volts going the the solonoid as the wiring is so old.He started it with a clip on the battery and a wire to the starter. I forgot the screwdriver trick that I used to do on a 2CV with a problem like that years ago. Anyway, I made it to the venue and enjoyed the day. The ute ran very well otherwise, and got home safe and well and had no trouble starting 4 times after the event. But I will be looking to have a relay (?) fitted as suggested by the NRMA man.

Thread Information