Thread: Happy Australia Day Froggies

Default Happy Australia Day Froggies

Happy Australia Day Froggies-australia-day.jpg

Advertisement
    cheers,

John

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Thanks, John.

I shall be displaying my 16TS in macquarie St, Sydney all day.

Alastair

Icon6

G'day,
    I am going for a ride, I hope to return.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

I celebrated Australia day today. My mate has a collection of 1970's Japanese road bikes, we rode off into the sticks with this pair, had lunch, swapped bikes and rode back. The old Waterbus is an amazing bike to ride, well balanced, powerful enough (if you keep the revs up) and handles really well. The front brake does'nt let it down at all, It's a 4 shoe device and pulls her up quick.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Happy Australia Day Froggies-waterbus.jpg   Happy Australia Day Froggies-cbx.jpg  
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I celebrated yesterday with the kids, went to the wog ball, had a wog dinner and then saw the Chinese fireworks and drove home in my French car. Not one bit of Australian involved.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    I celebrated Australia day today. My mate has a collection of 1970's Japanese road bikes, we rode off into the sticks with this pair, had lunch, swapped bikes and rode back. The old Waterbus is an amazing bike to ride, well balanced, powerful enough (if you keep the revs up) and handles really well. The front brake does'nt let it down at all, It's a 4 shoe device and pulls her up quick.

Nice MG! What beautiful examples of those classics. Is the Honda that 6 cylinder version? I've only seen one in the flesh very many years ago and still remember the sparkling extractors dominating the front view. I've always wondered what one of those Kawasaki turbos would have been like. I can imagine the boost kicking in on a bend would wake you up somewhat.

Yep, I reckon you spent Australia Day well and so did John by the sounds
    cheers,

John

Yes it's a 6 cylinder, 1000cc, really smooth to ride, low centre of gravity and good power throughout the rev range but it's a bit blonde. I'd prefer to ride the Suzy any day as it feels more 'chuckable' (in a good way) and instills more confidence in the corners and really good over the bumps. ...and a bit more charismatic.

One of the lads had a Waterbus back in the day in full race trim, ported etc. and it was absolutely terrifying to ride because when the power band came in it wanted to chuck you off the back.

Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Ahh, that's as I remembered it; bright shiny chrome extractors dominating the front! I guess it's kind of like a TC Cortina when Australia thought a 6 cylinder would be the go. Plenty of power but not so nimble. Actually that's probably a bit insulting comparing that bike with a Corty!

I spoke to the OP and he was happy for the thread diversion so check this out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIsRqLvvBIo
    cheers,

John

Here's another of my mate's bikes, a Z1A and the handsome one is yours truly. Devastating combination isn't it..?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Happy Australia Day Froggies-ege.jpg  

I thought that was your bike! How did you get all the chicks to step away from you for the photo?
    cheers,

John

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by J-man View Post
    I thought that was your bike! How did you get all the chicks to step away from you for the photo?
    Easy, as he's actually in Oxford st Sydney, which begs a different question.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Thread Information