Retro fitting Reversing Cam to 2013 Koleos Factory Headset
  • Register
  • Help

Default Retro fitting Reversing Cam to 2013 Koleos Factory Headset

I have a 2013 Koleos Bose Edition but unfortunately it doesn't have a reserving camera fitted in this model. I've been searching the net to find out how easy it would be to retro fit a camera to the existing GPS display. Do I need to upgrade the headset or is it just plug and play? Maybe it requires a software update to handle a camera? Does anyone know how to go about it?

Advertisement

Does the GPS unit have an auxilary input on the back at all? If it does, you can just plug it into that, as most of them just plug into the auxillary (I've been looking myself lately). But I'm not sure if they automatically switch to the camera when you go into reverse.

Not sure if it does have an auxilary input as I haven't pulled it apart yet. Hopefullly someone else might be able to help us both.

Default Renault Koleos 2014, Reverse Camera on Factory Display

Quote Originally Posted by mudsam View Post
    Not sure if it does have an auxilary input as I haven't pulled it apart yet. Hopefullly someone else might be able to help us both.
    I remembered this thread from ages ago and came across this website... maybe of interest

Renault Koleos 2014, Reverse Camera on Factory Display | Maroochy Car Sound
    Renault Koleos 2014, Reverse Camera on Factory Display

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by mudsam View Post
    I have a 2013 Koleos Bose Edition but unfortunately it doesn't have a reserving camera fitted in this model. I've been searching the net to find out how easy it would be to retro fit a camera to the existing GPS display. Do I need to upgrade the headset or is it just plug and play? Maybe it requires a software update to handle a camera? Does anyone know how to go about it?
    Did you ever find an answer to this. I'm trying to find someone to do it without success so far

Quote Originally Posted by Renno #9 View Post
    Did you ever find an answer to this. I'm trying to find someone to do it without success so far
    You could try this company: Automotive Integration Prestige & Performance Vehicle Electronics

I haven't used them personally, but they sorted a friends BMW and he was very happy with the work.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Once again as good as many

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOqwalEwNQ

and even better still is to jailbreak Renault software. It uses modified Microsoft windows

WARNING Tread carefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PMRciEthg

Any modern Renault can be retrofitted with reverse camera.

The wires are there already just need a camera easy just $40 from Europe

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rückfahr...53.m1438.l2649

I've been through this situation on other vehicles with Windows Ce (aka windows embedded)

The problem is finding an input device to port the reversing camera composite video to the operating system.

It depends if the head unit that you are hacking has video input hardware inbuilt and if that hardware is supported when the OS is hacked.

It can be nightmare or simply not possible to get a reversing camera to display on an OEM screen.

Of course you may find the reverse camera input is already on the head unit. And just needs to enabled via the dealer software.

If you buy a reversing camera make sure you know the video standard that Head unit accepts. Two standards are widely in use PAL and NTSC.

Some head units are accept either and switch automatically.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Thread Information