Parts on Leboncoin.fr
  • Help

Default Parts on Leboncoin.fr

Has anybody out there bought parts successfully from a vendor on this site ? In the past I have sent many emails regarding items but have never received a reply from any of them.

Advertisement

Am I missing some detail to help the communication ? By the way I send all inquiries in French so perhaps my email is just not reaching them ? All advice gratefully received cheers Andrew

Forgot to add that I do get the automated response from Leboncoin to inform me that they have received my email.....

I'm in the same boat, feeling dejected because I never get any return emails from that site...so I've given up.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

I have just sold my H van and GS on le bon coin - it certainly works but ..............
    It is virtually impossible to use it if one is overseas or using less than perfect French. There are so many frauds attempted on it mostly from overseas or foreigners resident in France, that vendors just will not deal with them. With my recent ads I found myself on the receiving end of some of these crooks and so I can sympathise with the French.

Some suggestions.....

Have a mate in France and let him/her do all the negotiations for you and act as the primary delivery point
    Reply in French if it is your native language, if not reply in English and include a Google translation with a note to say you hope it is helpful and sorry.
    Don't create any suspicions, however illogical, that you are going to defraud on payment by reneging on a bank transfer or similar. Probably PayPay is the least threatening mode of payment.
    If it is a private vendor don't expect enthusiasm to send a parcel to Australia. The post is complex and expensive outside the EU and a local customer is much less hassle.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Thanks for the responses gives me a greater understanding now cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Lebencoin is a great site for a whole range of items in France. But my take on it is that it's perhaps akin to buying on Gumtree in Australia versus buying in Australia on Ebay. Most EBay vendors have PayPal. I've only bought once interstate on Gumtree, in that case the vendor had a Paypal account. With Lebencoin I got a very quick response to an email on some French DVDs but the vendor had no simple means of taking o/s payments. My limited experience posting back conference papers from France (about 5-7kg) was that the standard French post was relatively cheap compared to many o/s countries and fast. One economy mail package beat us home taking under a week door to door.

Rgds John

Thread Information