Proudly "Made in China"
  • Help

Default Proudly "Made in China"

The French Prime Minister Ayrault is in China where he has been shown around a j/v factory with Dongfeng that assembles the C5,the 508 and the 3008. He has been told clearly that "Made in China" is vital to PSA's future.
    see
    Pour Ayrault, la Peugeot «made in China» est vitale pour PSA
    (in French)
    At the moment the discussions with Dongfeng continue but any outcome depends not only on the Chinese and PSA but also the french government who are underpinning the debt and who have to handle the political fallout as jobs go in France and are created in China.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

The 'Made In China' focus might work in some parts of China, I know it doesn't with business people in the big cities
    For them it is important to buy something manufactured outside of China and imported as a status symbol.
    Audi started building the A6 in long wheelbase form locally, the successful businessman however wants the A8 Quattro as it is 'Made in Germany'.

Icon6

G'day,
    the latest Postie bikes, green, soon to be red*, are made in China. In the short time that we have had them, they have been off the road twice.
    1] faulty fuel pump
    2] faulty front brake cable
    Not too bad I guess, [1] means you can't go [2] means you can't stop.
    * Some one higher up than me has decided, albeit rather belated, that Postie bikes should be red. No comment from me.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Banned

Just about every Australian known brand appliance we've bought new in the Luck household in the past decade has been proudly "Made In China". Fortunately Pug, they have not been all green or all red!

Icon6

G'day Kim,
    would I be out of line if I said you were 'lucky' ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Banned

Prolaby!

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pug206gti View Post
    G'day Kim,
    would I be out of line if I said you were 'lucky' ?
    Possibly lucky that they aren't painted some '70's color like Avocado Green or Harvest Yellow
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    The French Prime Minister Ayrault is in China where he has been shown around a j/v factory with Dongfeng that assembles the C5,the 508 and the 3008. He has been told clearly that "Made in China" is vital to PSA's future.
    see
    Pour Ayrault, la Peugeot «made in China» est vitale pour PSA
    (in French)
    At the moment the discussions with Dongfeng continue but any outcome depends not only on the Chinese and PSA but also the french government who are underpinning the debt and who have to handle the political fallout as jobs go in France and are created in China.
    Don't know about France but there seems to be an arrogance re. Chinese quality manufacturing. Sure, their 'Chinese cars' aren't up to scratch right now but maybe they are making it to a price for the local market.
    They'll catch on very quickly having the European manufacturers there.
    At least they are producing things the world is willing to buy and in enormous quantities.
    In short, they are sh...ing all over our manufacturing and application of innovations.
    We seem to be turning out people who's future jobs are unproductive overhead type ones rather than people skilled to innovate and produce (sciences).
    Sad, really sad !
    "The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge"
    Stephen Hawking

Thread Information