Alfa Romeo 105 GTV
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Alfa Romeo 105 GTV

I know this aint a frog, but these have got to be one of coolest old cars around, especially the 2000cc version, one of my dream cars!, has anyone ever owned one??

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alfa Romeo 105 GTV-105gtv-2.jpg  

1000+ Posts

The 1750's supposedly the sweeter motor, but also have a search for Alfa GTA, the homologation version. Nice.

As an aside, there's a old Italian bloke in Perth in a beautiful yellow sedan version in concours condition - the Giulia Super (same car underneath) - you know, the funny looking car that they use for all the cop cars in the original Italian Job.

Ahhh...the Bertone designed GTV. Drooooooooollllll.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Default GTV 105

I have a beautiful 1975 2000 gtv, dark blue, they are so sweet to drive, plenty of touque, fantastic induction noise from the twin Dellortos !!!! the gearbox is once of the best I have ever experienced..cheers josephk
    eugeot 2001 406 Coupe Polo Green.
    :Saab 9-3: 2000 Viggen Convertible Lightning Blue, BSR 424NM frightening!!!
    :Saab 95: 2001 Aero Black Wagon. 184kw .
    :Saab 900: 1993 Classic Convertable Blue.

$$$ SAVE BANK INTEREST AND BUY MORE TOYS!!

SW

When I was young my Uncle had a silver one with a whale tale and I always wanted one - got an MG instead - I recall he was always having troubles with it though and rust was always a factor in the early Alfas
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    The 1750's supposedly the sweeter motor, but also have a search for Alfa GTA, the homologation version. Nice.

As an aside, there's a old Italian bloke in Perth in a beautiful yellow sedan version in concours condition - the Giulia Super (same car underneath) - you know, the funny looking car that they use for all the cop cars in the original Italian Job.
    My old man used to work on these cars. Memory's a bit hazy but I recall him saying the same thing about the 1750 being nicer than the 2000 GTV.

I have managed to dig up a couple of pics of the Giulia and GTA. Excuse the black and white, they are scans of old press pics.

Troy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alfa Romeo 105 GTV-giulia.jpg   Alfa Romeo 105 GTV-gta.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SW
    rust was always a factor in the early Alfas
    Scott

I had an 87' alfa 33 1.7 that was nearly falling apart from rust,

a mate of mine was telling me that they used to use a lot of cheap steel from russia, so hence the problems now

Allan
    Current:
    09 Volvo XC70
    89 405 Mi16

Past Pugs
    02' 206 GTi
    90' 405 Mi16

sounds like a car i must own (as a second car! I wont sell the pug) I'll start saving now i guess!

Quote Originally Posted by josephk
    I have a beautiful 1975 2000 gtv, dark blue, they are so sweet to drive, plenty of touque, fantastic induction noise from the twin Dellortos !!!! the gearbox is once of the best I have ever experienced..cheers josephk
    Oh! Nice! How often do you drive it? What else do you have?
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Fellow Frogger!

I always wanted one of these, a 1750 GTV thanks, in red of course!
    My mate used to have a 75 1.8. Same motor as the 1750. Nothing special but that engine note! GLORIOUS! esp when pulling 7500+

Rust is something that can be off putting but ones that have been looked after and even better properly restored are the ones you want.

Check out www.aflabb.com for an Alfa forum with dedicated 105 series section. Mostly Americans though.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

as much as i like italian cars i'd have to not go the alfa route
    i'd go fiat and choose either a 130 fiat or a 2300S coupe as my pick
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo
    as much as i like italian cars i'd have to not go the alfa route
    i'd go fiat and choose either a 130 fiat or a 2300S coupe as my pick
    Now the 130 was nice old barge, especially the coupe. There's also a white 2300s coupe around Perth at the moment. I have seen it at the last couple of Fiat Car days. The Ghia bodywork looks nice.

I prefer Fiat's over Alfa's. X1/9 is one Fiat I would like to have a second vehicle.

Troy.

Icon7 italian brie

the second car I owned was a 1967 alfa 1600 GTV...I was 20 and thought it was the Ants pants...I couldnt afford to keep it going and my mum sold it for nix
    however i had the bug and in the following years bought a succession of Fiats and alfas...Fiat x/19 green series one...truly a baby ferrari...I loved leaving the roof off on a cold day..even with a little bit of rain you didnt get wet and they were so cosy and warm...only bad point was a tendency to go straight ahead in a roundabout when you wanted to turn!!!!(in the wet)
    sampled other 105's including series 1 1750...and several 2 litre 105s...good torque but not as nice as early examples IMHO...also had a red 2 litre spider which was a blast...sold that to buy a Ferrari 308 gt4....that was ok but was afraid to leave it anywhere and I encountered a lot of anomosity...didnt need that so bought another spider (yellow) which I still have..
    some fiats I have owned include...500..600...multilpa (600 derivative van)
    always wanted a 124 sports(ac) and 130 coupe and 2300s coupe(ghia) but never got them...
    Had ford xm xp coupes and a holden monaro and premier...never again!
    though the hoon factor was fun...
    Then one day I saw the light and bought my first citroen...a 74 Dspecial..since then I have had a few examples of citroens...mainly D's
    at present I have the spider...a 68 DS21 hydraulic shift pallas (black with black leather) a 87 2CV (smile factor) 66 ID19 (for sale!)and a 90 BX wagon
    aaaahh...memories!!!
    cheers
    Andrew

Actually, i forgot about the fiats, I think its the 124 coupe? that has cought my eye a few times, I think i need a 24 car garage!!! Any other favourites amongst AF's(classics)?? I'd also have to rate the lamborghini Miura, and a Shelby cobra as some other dream cars

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

2300s coupe is sex on wheels
    lovely engine
    disc brakes
    twin webers
    father had a couple of them over the years
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alfa Romeo 105 GTV-196x_fiat_2300s_coupe_ghia.jpg  
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    Actually, i forgot about the fiats, I think its the 124 coupe? that has cought my eye a few times, I think i need a 24 car garage!!! Any other favourites amongst AF's(classics)?? I'd also have to rate the lamborghini Miura, and a Shelby cobra as some other dream cars
    Plenty of Fiat favourites. 131 Racing (called Mirafiori Sport in the UK. We didn't get it here), BC series 124 Sport (1600cc, twin webers), X1/9, 850 Spider, 130 Coupe, Dino spider.

Troy.

I had about 10 Coupe's and Giulia's through the years. Great to drive and strong old things. They'd just continue to go and go nd go. Gearbox synchro was soft, and they would rust, but they are all at least 30 years old now so they are entitled to have a bit of rust. The Giulia was probably the best car, but the series one GTV 1750 was the prettiest and smoothest to drive, and the 2 litre the fastest.
    Talk about Alfa dropping the ball in the early 70's. Then again Italy was racked by Industrial problems then so it was understandable. They did produce the ALfasud, which was revolutionary but it was built quite indifferently and never developed like the Golf was.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Mi16
    I had an 87' alfa 33 1.7 that was nearly falling apart from rust,

a mate of mine was telling me that they used to use a lot of cheap steel from russia, so hence the problems now

Allan
    The Russian steel was used in the earlier Alfasud era, but I'm pretty sure that the 33 was made well after they'd dropped this stuff. Probably just lack of rust protection. My bro had the series one Alfasud (with the boot) where the thing was hanging off because of rust. Imagine them in Europe!

If anyone wants to hear that lovely Italian twin cam every day, I have a 2 litre Fiat twin cam motor not doing anything - its currently in the front of one the NSU Ro80s (ugly conversion - they hacked into the bonnet and put a big hump in to clear the cam covers )
    Might go well in the front of a 504
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    If anyone wants to hear that lovely Italian twin cam every day, I have a 2 litre Fiat twin cam motor not doing anything - its currently in the front of one the NSU Ro80s (ugly conversion - they hacked into the bonnet and put a big hump in to clear the cam covers )
    Hi,

Just purchased an Alfa sprint 85 model, always wanted a 105 series, but that means having to sell my 205 gti which will never happen. This will be our third car as we have a normal jap mazda2. Alfas are great just for the sound and the way they look, if only they had the performance, handling and build quality of the french.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    The Russian steel was used in the earlier Alfasud era, but I'm pretty sure that the 33 was made well after they'd dropped this stuff. Probably just lack of rust protection. My bro had the series one Alfasud (with the boot) where the thing was hanging off because of rust. Imagine them in Europe!
    Ages ago I was looking at an early model (1987) Alfa 33 with my brother. The car would not have been more that 4-5 years old, and there was rust bubbles around the edge of the front fenders. I'm pretty sure Alfa's by then had 7 rust warranty's by then.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Now a Fiat twin cam in a 504 would be good conversion. Would it be possible?

Troy.

fk2
    Tadpole

I have a 1750 alfa GTV being restord, in RED. It is just magnificent to drive. 1750's are much nicer than 2000, they are lighter and the engine sounds so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

fk2
    Tadpole

Icon7 any interior Chrome parts

I have a 1750 series 2 GTV, does anybody has any inerior trims for these cars?????? I am also looking for the series 1, 1750 seats
    any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    FK2
    email address: [email protected]

The 1750 GTV and Berlinas were better than the 2000's both aestheically and dynamically. The 2000's were slightly softer in the suspension and of course the 2 litre did not rev as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information