French vehicles in Vietnam.
  • Help

Icon9 French vehicles in Vietnam.

Yesterday I returned from a 10 day visit to Vietnam and was for ever on the look out for French cars. This is what I spotted. One sad looking Citroen Dalat I think it is called and is the Vietnamese built jeep like "Mehari" and based on the 2CV. One Peugeot 505 as I was riding by in a taxi. As for cars,that was it. Saw various samples of the Motobecane Mobylette mopeds but all but one were props in shops or restaurants. Also one Peugeot moped seemingly in every day use and one very rustic Pug push bike.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bertie View Post
    Yesterday I returned from a 10 day visit to Vietnam and was for ever on the look out for French cars. This is what I spotted. One sad looking Citroen Dalat I think it is called and is the Vietnamese built jeep like "Mehari" and based on the 2CV. One Peugeot 505 as I was riding by in a taxi. As for cars,that was it. Saw various samples of the Motobecane Mobylette mopeds but all but one were props in shops or restaurants. Also one Peugeot moped seemingly in every day use and one very rustic Pug push bike.
    PS: photos will follow soon!

I actually watched the DVD of The Sapphires the other day and thought there might be more based on some of the archival footage they show (which showed quite a lot of french cars). Looks like Vietnam isn't going to be the next source of french spares for us then!

I also watched The Wide Open road on foxtel over the last few weeks and spotted a number of Renault R8's in the Bathurst footage and some general surburban landscapes. A DS makes a significant appearance as well!

Look forwards to the photos.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    I also watched The Wide Open road on foxtel over the last few weeks and spotted a number of Renault R8's in the Bathurst footage and some general surburban landscapes. A DS makes a significant appearance as well!

Look forwards to the photos.
    Yeah, I spotted them too, KB. My kids were watching it and seeing all the old cars they were saying how cool it would have been to be around in that era. Yeah right, with no PCs, PS3, Xboxes, internet, mobile phones, etc, etc..... OH! and A/C! It would have killed them!

Anyhoo, back on topic "Good Morning Vietnam" has quite a bit of froggy eye candy, although I'm not sure if it was actually filmed in Vietnam!
    Cheers Renomad

"Today's mighty oak, is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground"

Current frogs, Dad's R19 & Dad's Scenic.

Past frogs, R12 Wagon X2, R12GL, Fuego X2, R10 X2, R8 X.5!

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Renomad View Post

Anyhoo, back on topic "Good Morning Vietnam" has quite a bit of froggy eye candy, although I'm not sure if it was actually filmed in Vietnam!
    You'd be correct.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093105/locations
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information