PSA and GM joint statement in Brussels.
  • Help

Default PSA and GM joint statement in Brussels.

Informing the markets of the state of their alliance, they said that the agreements on joint purchasing, logistics and the development of vehicles together were signed at the end of 2012. However the decisions on who builds what and where, remain to be defined.
    A monospace segment C branded Opel/Vauxhall (I wonder if it will be Holden in Aus?), the segment C crossover of Peugeot replacing the 3008 and the segment B monospace like the C3 Picasso will be developed for both groups on PSA platforms. GM will manage the monospace development in Segment B for both groups.
    The low emission segment B replacements for the 208 and C3 will be a new generation for both groups for distribution world wide and they will be co-developed.
    They are managing together the approval need by competition regulators to allow the merging of purchasing. In the interim GM will put the structure together and manage it.
    They are also going to develop joint projects to take advantage of the growth markets such as Latin America and Russia, priority for both groups. They are also going to develop together a new generation of low consumption, low pollution small petrol motors of high performance based on the the 3 cylinder motors from PSA.

Advertisement

This makes me wonder why they are bothering with PSA distribution in Australia with a separate network. They could sell a lot more cars through the Holden distribution or is that heresy?
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Gerry,

I take it you are not aware that Opel starting selling here in its own name in September 2012?

The only Opel-sourced vehicle in the Holden stable is the Combo - an LCV based on the old Corsa. The rest is ex-Daewoo sourced, other than the Commode and the Colorado Ute/SUV (Thai-built and based on the Isuzu D-Max).

Opel Australia sell the Astra, Corsa and Insignia models in Australia.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Default Re: PSA and GM joint statement in Brussels.

Yes, but I don't understand it. I thought it was a decision made at the time when GM hoped to sell Opel. They also have done the converse and are selling in Europe under the Chevrolet badge.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

That's probably where you went wrong, trying to make sense of a decision made by a car company
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Thread Information