Great Start to 2013 for French & Fantastic Automobiles
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default Great Start to 2013 for French & Fantastic Automobiles

Wow, had a great start to 2013. Closed the yard on 21st December and re-opened on 7th January, we sold 3 cars in first week and 6 more this week, that's 9 for the month and still a week to go...and all we hear in the news is 'how depressed retail is'.... Well certainly not so in the world of French & Fantastic Automobiles... Hope it keeps up for rest of 2013 and it will be 'smiles all round'.

Advertisement

interestingly, this time last year, I was doing newspaper advertising, and we sold 3 cars for entire month of January... Then during 2012 I started putting my cars ' On-Line' ( thanks to Justin Walker) .... As Christmas approached I decided to cut ALL newspaper advertising from end November until end of January , as that is my traditionally 'quiet time'... So have only been doing 'on-line advertising and sales have Tripled!...Amazing, think I will drop all print advertising permanently and rely solely on ' on-line ' ads and observe results... Probably save about $60,000 over the year, if January 2013 is any indication.

Good for you, but I lament the death of the old hard copy Trading Post here in Sydney.
    They say print media is dead, perhaps your analysis proves it.

KB
    KB

VIP Sponsor

I don't think print media is dead..Yet, but 'classified' print advertising is definitely on the decline and, unfortunately for thenewspapers, revenue generated from classifieds is essential to their viability.

Thread Information