Another important day for Renault
  • Help

Default Another important day for Renault

On Wednesday, Renault will announce the finalisation of three years of negotiation with the Algerian government to build a factory there. 51% owned by the Algerian state and 49 by Renault, it will build the Renault Symbol for the local market. This car is yet another variant of the latest Logan.

Advertisement
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

With a name like Symbol, how many puns do you want?

Apparently they are getting Prince to do the launch!

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

worse, Hollande !!!!

Banned

or even worse... Arnaud Montebourg

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    With a name like Symbol, how many puns do you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Apparently they are getting Prince to do the launch!

Dave
    The mind just reels. Badge it with that pretentious glyph he used for a while. There could be a "Slave" option (he also considered himself a "slave" to his recording contract at one point).

Before I go too far- rant off.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

It really is Hollande, who is in Algeria this week, buttering up the locals whose natural gas we need. He has already copped the political flak about French jobs going overseas.

VIP Sponsor

Interesting scenario after the drama' that Renault had, back in the 1970,s, with their Algerian plant, when my good friend Jacques Thoridnet was running the operations there and the THEN Algerian Government passed legislation imposing a retrospective 10% ' Turn-Over Tax' on ALL foreign owned companies, back dated 10 years!

Jaques negotiated a 'deal' to transfer the Algerian plant to the Algerian Government, in exchange for waiving of the tax...

The Algerians took it, hook,line and sinker, then before the ink was dry on the contract, Jacques got all the French staff, out of the Country, then cut off parts supply, ex France, so the plant could not produce anything!

after that Jacques was lucky to get out himself alive, as the Algerian secret police sped down the runway, firing at Jaques plane as it took off.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Slater View Post
    Interesting scenario after the drama' that Renault had, back in the 1970,s, with their Algerian plant, when my good friend Jacques Thoridnet was running the operations there and the THEN Algerian Government passed legislation imposing a retrospective 10% ' Turn-Over Tax' on ALL foreign owned companies, back dated 10 years!

Jaques negotiated a 'deal' to transfer the Algerian plant to the Algerian Government, in exchange for waiving of the tax...

The Algerians took it, hook,line and sinker, then before the ink was dry on the contract, Jacques got all the French staff, out of the Country, then cut off parts supply, ex France, so the plant could not produce anything!

after that Jacques was lucky to get out himself alive, as the Algerian secret police sped down the runway, firing at Jaques plane as it took off.
    whatever happened to jt? last i heard of him was his renault repair business in adelaide
    cheers! peter

Thread Information