Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition - Canberra
  • Help

Default Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition - Canberra

For all you lovers of French art and culture, a major exhibition is coming to the National Gallery of Australia. December to April.

Toulouse-Lautrec is the National Gallery of Australiaís next summer exhibition and will run from 14 December 2012 to 2 April 2013. The Australian public have never before had the opportunity to see a major retrospective exhibition devoted to the art of French 19th century artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec in painting, drawing, posters and prints.

Toulouse-Lautrec will examine the artistís abilities as an acute observer of Parisian life, his skill as a draughtsman, his experimentation in composition and the brilliance of his technical execution in all media. The exhibition will shed new light on Toulouse-Lautrec through an examination of his involvement in Parisian cultureóthe high life and the low life.

The exhibition will trace Toulouse-Lautrecís career from his earliest works to his extraordinary depictions of the Paris social scene, the dance halls, the cafť-concerts, the brothels and theatres. This he did in an insightful way, capturing the essence of his Parisian characters and haunts. Toulouse-Lautrecís subject matter was to become thoroughly modern and he became an influential figure in the evolution of the art of the twentieth century.

All you need to know is here: http://nga.gov.au/Lautrec/

And you can also win a Renault Megane

Dave

Advertisement
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi estate
    2013 Renault Koleos 2.0 dCi 4WD
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Sounds like fodder for an AF group attendance.

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Be nice to pick a day to fill the car park with French cars... have a sausage sizzle, drag along a few of the fashion writers from mags like Vouge.

Icon4

OK, sounds like we have three interested bods already. I'd be happy to have passagers ou copilotes.

Dave, what about an EOI re actual dates, in the Social Forum?

I am surprised that Toulouse-Lautrec is sufficiently politically correct to be exhibited in Canberra. After all, he spent a lot of time painting brothel employees.
    Worse, he never drove a CitroŽn.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    I am surprised that Toulouse-Lautrec is sufficiently politically correct to be exhibited in Canberra. After all, he spent a lot of time painting brothel employees.

He's not, but it's cheaper than paying a study trip for the entire aus parliament to France. Shhh!
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Can we also have a picnic in the car park. Quality bread, coffee, fromage (almost typed cheese, merde) and a small wine. Tour the gallery and then party hard with a couple of Absinthe or several more wines. Possibly a picture in the style of Toulouse-Lautrec?

I have launched a thread in the Social Pages.

Quote Originally Posted by bluey504
    Can we also have a picnic in the car park. Quality bread, coffee, fromage (almost typed cheese, merde) and a small wine. Tour the gallery and then party hard with a couple of Absinthe or several more wines. Possibly a picture in the style of Toulouse-Lautrec?
    And of course play the traditional French game of "Tenez le Bougicord".

Thanks Addo! I knew was opening myself up for a shot. And what a killer back hand on the Totem tennis set.

Brendan

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    I reckon he might have painted pictures of them if he'd lived longer than his 36 years!
    '66 404 Wagon
    '78 504 Wagon
    '89 505 GTI S II Familiale

Thread Information