Carspotting from Europe
  • Help

Default Carspotting from Europe

Recently in Europe for the month. Apart from the inevitable usual eurospecials, spotted the following notables:

Ferrari 458 being driven by someone with no clue (and the poor thing badly needed a decent polish, too)
    V12 Vantage and DB9 Volante
    A pair of Fisker Karmas, parked across the road from each other.
    SLS AMG that looked like it was being driven by an 80yo (as in, not someone acting as if they were 80 but an actual 80 year old person)
    S-class AMG taxi
    Bentley Conti being *very* carefully driven along an Amsterdam canal-side street
    Far too many Audi R8s, the bastards

Advertisement

It's the Audi drivers you have to watch out for in Europe and the UK..........no consideration and industrial strength bad driving manners

Forgot to mention the 203 I saw in Cognac last monday, will post a pic when I download the camera. Lovely 4CV Renault shared the carpark with me in Bordeaux for a couple of days also, no pic.

These wasted opportunities bug me. If you look on the LVA site you can see a celendar of Club and other events and plan in advance.
    On the CitroŽn front, what I coud do is email the member Clubs of the Amicale de CitroÍn France, as I am looking after its international relations, and get a list of those who would welcome foreign visitors at their events. I can then post this with their site adresses so that you can introduce yourselves directly and plan to participate. Any takers?
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Gerry,

Thanks for the advice. We are in Cognac for the next week and then heading back to the UK but back in Paris for 3 weeks one Xmas. I am rebuilding a Dauphine Gordini back home, taking a while as we have had a year off over here.

Why Cognac when the Gers is not far away and there is good Armagnac to be had?

Next weekend is Epoqu'auto 2012 at Lyon. The 2nd biggest annual Show after Retromobile. There is a cheap Jetstar flight from Bordeaux. Don't tell me you are going to miss out on that one as well!
    I will be on or around the Amicale stand.
    Do you want a Dauphine radiator? I have one dying of bordeom under the house.
    Last edited by gerry freed; 5th November 2012 at 12:16 AM.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Sorry mate, we will be dropping off a friend at the airport in La Rochelle for her trip back to Poverty Rock (UK) on saturday.

Cognac was the choice of the handbrake and I dare not argue with her.

My Dauphines are back home in Aus, thanks for the thought but I've accumulated 2 complete cars and a bucket of bits for them.

Pics as promised of the 203 I spotted in Cognac a couple of weeks ago.....Carspotting from Europe-img_0155.jpgCarspotting from Europe-img_0156.jpgCarspotting from Europe-img_0157.jpg

Thread Information