Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11

The last get together in July was a success with eight Aussie Frogs relaxing in the sunshine and talking cars (and other things!).

So, lets do it again. Same venue.

When: 9am Sunday November 11, 2012

Where: Blowfish Cafe, on the shores of Narrabeen Lake, western end of Narrabeen Street, Narrabeen.

http://www.blowfishcafe.com.au/

This cafe has a good size carpark and serves coffee or brunch. (We were asked last time to vacate the table by 11:45) A good time to meet other local AF members or just a nice run up the Northern Beaches for anyone who likes to come.

Please let me know approximate numbers so that we can book a table.

Advertisement
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

hi Michael

good idea should be nice weather as well, diarised the date will be there. the ds is being repaired at the moment, new spigot shaft, and other items so will ook forward to a drive and the meeting. looking forward to seeing a white GS there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    The last get together in July was a success with eight Aussie Frogs relaxing in the sunshine and talking cars (and other things!).

So, lets do it again. Same venue.

Where: Blowfish Cafe, on the shores of Narrabeen Lake, western end of Narrabeen Street, Narrabeen.

This cafe has a good size carpark and serves coffee or brunch. (We were asked last time to vacate the table by 11:45) A good time to meet other local AF members or just a nice run up the Northern Beaches for anyone who likes to come.

Please let me know approximate numbers so that we can book a table.

Sounds good... Looking forward to meeting a few Sydney Froggers.
    Trust in yourself when all men doubt you!

Count me in.

Jo

We have a half dozen starters already so looking good. I will need to give the cafe rough numbers a week before the event so we can book a table.

This event has also been added to the Citroen Car Club NSW list of events for those on club registration.
    Michael

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

bump.

Jo

Good bump Jo, I was planing on doing the same

This event is now also on the CCCNSW calendar. We have a couple more starters.

Please get your names in the system if you plan to come so I can firm up the table booking
    Michael

Sorry team - In Adelaide
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Put me down. I might be able to show off the new Peugeot!

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Quote Originally Posted by 68 404 View Post
    Put me down. I might be able to show off the new Peugeot!

Dave
    What new Peugeot???

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    What new Peugeot???

Jo
    From the 'urgent help needed' thread:

"I too am bringing a Peugeot from Geelong to Sydney next weekend. We all hope the journey will be uneventful..."

It was.

The reveal can be next Sunday.

Dave
    2008 Renault Laguna 2.0 dCi break
    ​1997 BMW K1200RS

IR655
    (George Bush Snr): "I'll never apologize for the United States of America. Ever, I don't care what the facts are."

Great, we have a good group with a variety of cars. Should be a good get together!

Weather forecast is looking pretty good too so all systems go. I have booked a table under the name of Michael for 9am.

If there are any others dropping in who have not messaged me let me know before Saturday afternoon and I will see if we can "stretch" the table a little.
    Michael

Fellow Frogger! Alastair Browne's Avatar

Hi Michael

Just discovered this group.

I am trying to get someone to drive my car (or me) there. I have recently had a total hip replacement and am not allowed to drive for 6 weeks.

You will find the Blowfish cafe has changed hands. Ari has vacated the premises and it is now run by Peter who also has an interest in upstairs.

Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair Browne View Post
    Hi Michael

Just discovered this group.

I am trying to get someone to drive my car (or me) there. I have recently had a total hip replacement and am not allowed to drive for 6 weeks.

You will find the Blowfish cafe has changed hands. Ari has vacated the premises and it is now run by Peter who also has an interest in upstairs.

Alastair
    Hope you can make it Alistair. If you can't get there in your own car maybe we could see if another member could pick you up. Let me know what is best for you.

Thanks for the info re ownership. I have not been there for a while.
    Michael

I could pick you up, Alistair, but not drop you home again as I have to rush off somewhere else straight after.

Jo

Hi Jo

If you could pick me up, that would be fantastic as I am sure I'd get a lift home. I shall be ready at Poverty Hill Number 61, any time after 8.30am. Thank you v much. I might even get a lift home in a DS - super.

Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    I could pick you up, Alistair, but not drop you home again as I have to rush off somewhere else straight after.

Jo
    In that case I will happily offer you a lift home afterwards Alistair.
    Michael

Just a note, the Cafe has changed name to “Boatshed Cafe” but it is still in the same location!
    Michael

Great name change, because that is what it is called regardless of what a proprietor of the day may have on his certificate.

Big Al, beter PM your full address so I don't end up 50 feet too low again.

Jo

Hi Michael

Many thanks indeed for the offer. I shall feel like President de Gaulle!

Jo, I shall e-m you separately

Alastair

It is tomorrow !! Perfect weather forecast:

Max 23 degs, Partly sunny, No rain, No thunderstorms. UV moderate.

I have a table for 10 booked in the name of "Michael"

Where: Blowfish Cafe, (Now renamed "Boatshed Cafe) on the shores of Narrabeen Lake, western end of Narrabeen Street, Narrabeen.

I have a table for 10 booked in the name of "Michael"
    Michael

Many thanks for organising The Boatshed, Michael, and for the lift. Also thanks to Jo for a lift there

Alastair

Yes Michael,

What a top spot and great company... and a perfect day for a drive to the Northern beaches.

Thanks again and Blake and I had a great time... would have liked to stay longer but the 10yo birthday party unfortunately took priority!!! LOL

Hope to see you guys again soon.

Cheers,

Al
    Trust in yourself when all men doubt you!

Hi Guys, thanks for coming too. It was a very pleasant morning and I certainly organised some great weather.

The miracles did not stop there however. We managed to get around 15 people around a table for 10 as the sunshine coaxed a few extras out for the morning. Luckily the arrivals were staggered a little. The Renault guys were up at sparrows fart and ready to go. The Citroen drivers arrived in dribs and drabs (including me) "fashionably late" I was informed. The Peugeot drivers... well, I guess they just like to sleep in Sunday.

Anyway, great turn up. Plenty of cars, old and modern, and a fantastic view. Good bacon and egg sandwich too. Watch this space for the next event!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11-dsc_1035_800x532.jpg   Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11-dsc_1036_800x440.jpg   Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11-dsc_1037_800x532.jpg   Sydney Northern Beaches morning coffee meeting, Sunday Nov 11-dsc_1039_800x532.jpg  
    Last edited by michaelr; 13th November 2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added pics
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gold25gtx View Post
    Yes Michael,

What a top spot and great company... and a perfect day for a drive to the Northern beaches.

Thanks again and Blake and I had a great time... would have liked to stay longer but the 10yo birthday party unfortunately took priority!!! LOL

Hope to see you guys again soon.

Cheers,

Al
    Thanks Al, and thanks for driving all that way too!

Perhaps you can set up a return invitation with a venue closer to home for you? Plenty of waterside venues in your neck of the woods too.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information