Tunnel Speeding
  • Help

Thread: Tunnel Speeding

Fellow Frogger!

Default Tunnel Speeding

Hello All.

The new Brisbane tunnel is said to have many speed cameras, none of which can be seen and everyone seems to tow the line. They say that 100+ people were caught in the first week of operation.

Has anyone on the forum actually been caught by one of these, or even know of someone that has. Maybe way over, or just 2kph up? Any stories? Also, do the the southern tunnels have lots caught?

Advertisement

I have a funny feeling that the Brissy cameras are a myth.

I know that a lot of people have been caught (my wife in particular) by the variable speed limits that seem arbitrarily changed in the Cross City Tunnel in Sydney. Now I know she wouldn't speed.....................well maybe on the odd occasion.

I copped a flash going into the Airport Link Tunnel three weeks ago but haven't received a fine yet so my guess is the tunnel operators don't want to create too much ill will at this stage and aren't handing the fines out yet.
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 11th October 2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: dodgy spelling again
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Quote Originally Posted by 59 Floride View Post
    I copped a flash going into the Airport Link Tunnel three weeks ago but haven't received a fine yet so my guess is the tunnel operators don't want to creat too much ill will at this stage and aren't handing the fines out yet.
    Its just a normal part of life down here in the nanny state. Go to the supermarket, pay a fine, go to the post office, pay a fine, go to work pay a fine.

I'm amazed at people's mentality, we all know the tunnels have cameras, its a known fact yet everytime I go through sitting exactly on 80kph the number of people that wizz past at 10 or even 20 kph faster then me is amazing, especially trucks but there above the law, (so the drivers recon).
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

JBN

Maybe the tunnel speedsters prefer to do their own research, rather than rely on the traffic authorities threats. I am certainly a candidate for the do-it-yourself approach and have been quite successful over the years on exposing which cameras actually work and which are for show. However, since I don't have an E-tag, I don't use tollways. I have memorised the fixed speed cameras on most of the Sydney roads on which I travel, and get the odd information posted to me for the ones I had not previously known about.

Looking back at history, I realise that Hitler rose to power because he threatened and cajoled his people. I have made it a life long passion not to succumb to the threats of our authorities, and indeed cheer on our government when they sack public servants. Serves the bastards right for continually holding the sword of Damocles over our heads.

Zoom, zoom, zoom.....

John

UFO

I copped a flash going into the Airport Link Tunnel three weeks ago but haven't received a fine yet so my guess is the tunnel operators don't want to create too much ill will at this stage and aren't handing the fines out yet.
    Enforcement of road rules is not the role of a tollway operator. Therefore they have no decision in whether fines are issued or not.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Enforcement of road rules is not the role of a tollway operator. Therefore they have no decision in whether fines are issued or not.

This is Queensland and they do back room deals here all the time...don't you worry about that.
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 11th October 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

Fellow Frogger!

I copped a flash going into the Airport Link Tunnel three weeks ago ....
    I copped a flash going into the Brisbane Arcade a week ago... I digress. This is the kind of research that I am conducting. How fast do you think you were going, G?

Melc

I was doing 66 in a 60 zone, maybe it was a line call so they let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by JBN
    Looking back at history, I realise that H***** rose to power because he threatened and cajoled his people.
    Sort of like banks do? Oh wait, some of them own tollways...

The rumour is that the Clem 7 takes more in speed camera fines than it does in tolls.

Can I also point out that if you are doing the speed limit or under, speed cameras are the least of your problems.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Can I also point out that if you are doing the speed limit or under, speed cameras are the least of your problems.[/QUOTE]

But where's the fun in that...?

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by 2353 View Post
    Can I also point out that if you are doing the speed limit or under, speed cameras are the least of your problems.
    Absolutely. Its the B-Double on your arse that should be consuming your attention.

John

If you have a B-Double on your arse, be aware that the driver may not like the way you drive. Let him rest his front bumper on your rear one and proceed like your vehicles are engaged in a sex act. This will make for great photos and probably front page news, possibly national celebrity status. A word of caution: although B-Doubles have 34 tyres and lots of brakes including ABS, they can weigh over 50 tonnes, which means that whilst one is resting on your rear bumper, operating the brakes of your own vehicle is totally optional.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

jmn

Maybe Victoria should change the motif on their rego plates to:-
    "Ahh Victoria. Fine yesterday, fine today and fine tomorrow."
    Previous:
    2009 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
    2003 C5 2.0 auto
    2003 Xsara 1.6 auto
    2000 Xsara 2.0 manual
    1996 306 XR

Quote Originally Posted by jmn View Post
    Maybe Victoria should change the motif on their rego plates to:-
    "Ahh Victoria. Fine yesterday, fine today and fine tomorrow."
    Hey that's clever..

Make up some dummy plates that say "CHUCK NORRIS" and speed through the cameras in a beigemobile.

Wait patiently, as internet fame will surely come.

Kids, don't do this at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z71n_kD-LUE

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post
    Make up some dummy plates that say "CHUCK NORRIS" and speed through the cameras in a beigemobile.

Wait patiently, as internet fame will surely come.
    Reminds me of when mobile cameras were introduced into the ACT....story goes a group of young kids stopped at the camera van and asked the operator how everything worked. While he was proudly explaining, one of the kids nicked his front number plate, this they then put on their own car. They then proceeded to pass the camera van on numerous occasions that night at high speed, the ACT Gov. got the fines through the post and not the kids. The operator had a lot of explaining to do......

1000+ Posts

I used to work with a bloke that used city link every day and he refused to buy an E tag, the method he would use was to tailgate fellow road users because he knew the E tag recorders operated on gizmo on the windscreen, what he didnt realise was the speed cameras operated on the rear of the car,all went well for anumber of weeks until one day when he was tailgating a truck who knew where the cameras were,the truckie put his foot down and he had no choice but to speed up with the truck,he was really pissed off when he recieved a speeding fine a shortly after, his workmates on the other hand thought this was hillarious
    If you've got too much traction, you haven't got enough horse power ...

.2010 Holden Commodore Ute
    2001 Renault Sport Clio Cup 27 of 85
    1973 Alpine Renault A310/4 1600 VE

Also the young bloke selling his unregistered car.
    Thought it would be a laugh to drive past radar unit at high speed.
    No plate no identification.
    So he did it a few times at speed.
    Unfortunately he forgot that he had painted his contact phone number on the windscreen.
    Camera picked it up nicely.

Paul

Thread Information