Renault Twizzy
  • Help

Thread: Renault Twizzy

Default Renault Twizzy

The new Reanault Twizzy electric commuter is now appearing everywhere here in France, also saw a few in Italy last week. Will post some pics when I get some. Great looking device, just perfect for city traffic, especially the narrow French and Italian streets.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by marquesports View Post
    The new Reanault Twizzy electric commuter is now appearing everywhere here in France, also saw a few in Italy last week. Will post some pics when I get some. Great looking device, just perfect for city traffic, especially the narrow French and Italian streets.
    Not quite, they cannot use the 2 wheel lanes or parking slots. The main reason why I go out on short trips is shopping and that is why I haven't bought one, no space for passenger and serious purchases. A neighbourhood home visit nurse has one, an ideal application. Most of the ones I see are plastered with advertising so they must be working as eyecatchers. I will have a closer look at the Zoe as more practical transport in our lower density urban situation.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

That may be so, but it would still be easier navigating side roads than my BMW 645.....and it's a gorgeous thing

Yes, but the véhicule to beat is the Piaggio mp3.

I saw a couple in Brussels recently.
    As 'village' transport they are probably fine, can't think where else they would be more practical than a Smart ForTwo or maybe one of the 3 wheel scooters (that don't fall over).

Love those 3 wheel scooters............

You're right I don't think the Twizzy was meant for more than a town commuter. You need to be a bit of a gymnast to get into the back seat but what a fun jigger to cruise the town with.

I saw a great application for a Twizy on TV last night in a segment from the Motor Home- Camping car Expo. A top of the line Camping Car for 300,000 euros which had a ramp at the rear giving access to a small garage in which was parked the shopping Twizy!

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    I saw a great application for a Twizy on TV last night in a segment from the Motor Home- Camping car Expo. A top of the line Camping Car for 300,000 euros which had a ramp at the rear giving access to a small garage in which was parked the shopping Twizy!
    See that alot out here. Not with Twizy of course but small cars in general. I once knew someone who had the highest low milage R10 in history. It had done several trips around the country hundreds of thousands of kms but was only driven in and out of towns, cant remember the kms, something very low 20,000? but it had been everywhere.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

about the only electric car that one sees here in los angeles (with any regularity) is the nissan leaf -- i see several of them every day. i've also seen a few mitsubishi i-MiEVs (peugeot ion/citroën c-zero) in traffic. of course renault doesn't sell cars here any more but even so, there are no smaller electric city cars comparable to the twizy sold here...about the only thing that comes close is the chrysler gem, which was sold here in the bad old daimler-chrysler days of the early 2000s. kinda looked like the twizy's older, retarded brother:

i'm pretty sure it isn't legal to drive these on the public streets -- i imagine most people who bought them use them to drive around industrial complexes or gated neighborhoods. most americans see this as one step above a golf cart. definitely not the vehicle to be in when tangling with a cadillac escalade.

andré
    1986 Peugeot 505 GL (xn6, 4sp auto)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    See that alot out here. Not with Twizy of course but small cars in general. I once knew someone who had the highest low milage R10 in history. It had done several trips around the country hundreds of thousands of kms but was only driven in and out of towns, cant remember the kms, something very low 20,000? but it had been everywhere.
    The Smart is the one usually seen.

Charging stations are appearing a lot here in Europe, you see them at the service stops on the motorways, city parking stations etc. Makes them more practical to use.

AutoLib now has 4,000 in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by andrethx View Post
    about the only electric car that one sees here in los angeles (with any regularity) is the nissan leaf -- i see several of them every day. i've also seen a few mitsubishi i-MiEVs (peugeot ion/citroën c-zero) in traffic. of course renault doesn't sell cars here any more but even so, there are no smaller electric city cars comparable to the twizy sold here...about the only thing that comes close is the chrysler gem, which was sold here in the bad old daimler-chrysler days of the early 2000s. kinda looked like the twizy's older, retarded brother:

i'm pretty sure it isn't legal to drive these on the public streets -- i imagine most people who bought them use them to drive around industrial complexes or gated neighborhoods. most americans see this as one step above a golf cart. definitely not the vehicle to be in when tangling with a cadillac escalade.

andré
    You wouldn't want to fight your way through Paris traffic in a Cadillac Escalade.

Thread Information