Sourcing non mechanical parts for XU10J4 in 405 Mi16
  • Help

Default Sourcing non mechanical parts for XU10J4 in 405 Mi16

I have recently had the engine and gearbox out of my 1995 405 Mi16. Replaced crank, cam and gearbox seals, cleaned and lapped valves, replaced cam belt and pulleys and water pump etc, etc.

Problem is that there is an increasing range of non-mechanical parts that are not available from EAI or Peugeot Australia. Things like spark plug tube seals for the cam cover, hoses like the ones from oil filler to crankcase, cam cover breather to crankcase and even injector O rings.

I have generic O rings for the injectors which seem to work but are thinner than the OEM ones. I guess I can put heaps of gasket sealer on the existing spark plug tube seals. But the hoses are part of the sealed crankcase breather system and have cracked where they are clamped so it is difficult to get a good seal.

So does anyone know where I can source replacements. Or suitable materials to fabricate new ones?

Trevor Hoare

Advertisement

Found 22 mm silicon tubing on ebay Under $10 delivered from the UK. it is just flexible enough to fit without crimping.. I have 800 mm left over if anyone needs any..

Trevor

Hello Trevor, I have covered in the past months several sources of many parts not found "over the counter" locally. Searching the UK Ebay site with part numbers is a good tactic as well - there's frequently old stock popping up.

con
    Fellow Frogger!

This is a good source - have used him a few times with great results.

http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk/

con....

Quote Originally Posted by trevhoare View Post

So does anyone know where I can source replacements. Or suitable materials to fabricate new ones?

Trevor Hoare

Tadpole

Default Oil seals for mi16 under cam cover

HI Trevor, is this what you used for the spark plug tube oil seals (under cam cover) I need to replace mine and cant seem to locate any anywhere.

John

Quote Originally Posted by trevhoare View Post
    Found 22 mm silicon tubing on ebay Under $10 delivered from the UK. it is just flexible enough to fit without crimping.. I have 800 mm left over if anyone needs any..

Trevor

Thread Information