Some one in France??
  • Help

Default Some one in France??

Hi AF's,

I wonder if there is a Aussiefrogger living in France that is willing to help me out with an Ebay item. I am trying to buy a oil pressure gauge but the seller only mails to Metropolitan France. I have tried to contact him but I think the info goes missing in the Google translation.

I would gladly deposit money in a bank account if someone could accept this item for me and then mail it out to me.

Regards
    Frans.

Advertisement
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Hi Frans, if nobody here is able to help I can likely point you at an Englishman living there, who seems reasonably reliable.

I normally pay a gratuity of 20% gross to anyone who assists in this way; it buys them a beer or two and pays for the parcel tape.

frans -- i have bought quite a few items from ebay.fr...i'm pretty sure that most merchants selling peugeot parts select metro france or europe simply as a matter of habit, not because they are averse to shipping anywhere else. i would say that only one in 20 merchants that i contact about shipping to me in the états-unis refused to ship to me...and that was because they had bad experiences in the past with overseas shipment, not because they disliked americans or anything lame like that.

here is a tip for you -- rather than doing everything in the google translator window -- when you find an item you want to buy that doesn't list shipping as monde entier, reload the page in a new tab in the original french, then navigate to the question area from there (if you spend any time on ebay, it's easy, all of the sites are the same). then, open a new tab and load the translate.google.com site and write your message there, and translate it; then cut and paste the text into the ebay.fr tab. that way, you avoid weirdness with the web page translator/child page issue.

hope this helps...

andré
    1986 Peugeot 505 GL (xn6, 4sp auto)

Gerry Freed is a member here and lives in France and is a very nice gentleman. Try to contact him via pm. You will find many of his posts in the panhard threads.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

I PM'd him and got no response.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    I PM'd him and got no response.
    I've found the PM system to be a bit unreliable i.e. some messages don't seem to make it.
    Last edited by 59 Floride; 17th September 2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

We are in contact by email but my return messages were not getting through.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Hi Gerry,
    My 1st email came back with a message that delivery of the message is delayed do not resend. But I have repeated it last night about 23:00 NZ time. I hope you have received it this time. It looks like it according to your last message.
    Maybe we should communicate through this thread if the email is giving problems?
    Regards
    Frans
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Thread Information