Not sure about the hours so far but the strip down started in January 2011. The shell was ready for blasting and painting in April 2011. However, the painter could not start until November. In the interim I cleaned up and repaired innumerable small bits. Being retired, I have been able to do something most days but a trip to France mid-year and the Canberra winter slowed me up a bit.
Latest drama has been fitting the door glass and fighting the outer sealing strips. Each front door assembly has been apart more than once but I am convinced that next time will be the last. I managed to dent one of the stainless steel surrounds and hoped that it woulld still look OK - wrong. It will have to come off for the dents to be picked up and polished out. Of course this will require removal of the quarter window again.
More photos of the wagon as requested.