Hi folks, since getting the beasty last September I've been working pretty hard on her.
I had a thread here that some may remember, before the crash, so I'll just jog your memory by putting up the pics I have already on my website from then.
The first lot are of the journey from Melbourne up to the Hunter Valley when I bought 'Toots'.
She went quite well, but the fumes nearly killed me , sat on around 70mph most of the way, sleeping for awhile on the eastern side of Dubbo and arriving mid morning at beautiful Stewarts Brook.
All round she's a very clean car but the paint needed replacement as rust was showing and there was a lot of crazing and flaking, and later, I know it may seem back to front, I will fix the engine and the gearbox which falls out of gear on steep inclines.
So here are the first shots of the initial strip down and first undercoating.
As of today I have the dash painted, the wiring is redone and she is ready for colour. I've had to use a bit of filler in all the guards but not in the roof, bonnet or boot. So far I haven' worked on the doors.
I managed to leave the hood lining in place and drag the old wiring loom through and then feed the new wire back the same way. I am planning to use LED festoon globes in the stop/tail lights which I have modified to include the indicator instead of the reflector .
I have also got the semiphores operational and have them hooked up to the three way original parker switch which will be next to the steering column instead of being next to the fuses. That way I can use them at will when I want to show off.
I have decided to hook up the small cabachon parker lights as indicators on the normal indicator circuit.
I'm also thinking of installing 406 seats although this will only be until I can get the originals done up in red leather.
More photos soon .