MAF sensor (mass air flow)
  • Register
  • Help

Default MAF sensor (mass air flow)

Hello all.

Anyone know where a mass airflow sensor for a 2003 C5 can be bought in AU.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

For an HDi? Try French Connection or BM Spares in Melbourne for a used one. Otherwise, you might find a wrecking ad via eBay or Gumtree etc.. I think there was a change in the layout part way through productions, so it may differ to what's in an early car. A wrecker should know, but the PSA reference number starting with 96 may help if there is uncertainty.

There are partial interchanges with the Fiat group (Fiat/Alfa/Lancia). Is yours 00001920AG or 000019207S?

The VDO/Siemens ridgey-didge units are 100 Euro and up overseas, before postage. Everything else will be ex-China so you might as well buy it from AliExpress.

A MAF sensor was sourced from a 28,000km written off car in Sydney. (Auto Parts Centre). (The car looked immaculate, a 2003 C5 wagon.) Cost including freight $175.00.
    The part was installed and the faults( anti pollution etc.) that were showing on startup, and others coming up after a run, have gone!!!

Researching this component, it is apparent that it may be responsible for many problems on the cars. The very fine wires (ceramic?) that are heated in the MAF, send signals to the CPU as they monitor the changes in resistance across the wires as the incoming air cools the wires thereby affecting the resistance. The air/fuel mixture is then adjusted by the CPU. A special cleaning aerosol is available to spray in the MAF sensors because they do get dirty ( and effect the resistance in the wires). I hope I have explained this logically. Allan
    One of the faults caused the car to go into "limp home" mode.
    To check the MAF is simple as it is mounted just behind the air filter.
    There are 2 fine wires in the barrel of the MAF, if one is broken the faults will occur.

Fellow Frogger

It's basically a hot wire anemometer, so the wire conditon is critical to the correct operation.
    Good result.

Thread Information