1961 ID 19 brake switch
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 1961 ID 19 brake switch

Simple question, where on an early heidelberg car is the brake switch located, it is the pendant brake type with brake fluid. Also is it mechanical or hydraulic. I need to get my brake lights working for the mot tomorrow or I will be taking the wrong car to the ICCR!
    Thanks
    Helmut

Advertisement

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Is your car Heidelberg, or Slough? There isn't much of a big difference though, I'm guessing. If nobody else answers until I can get back from looking it up, I'll try to have an answer to you. I'm pretty sure the switch is mechanical.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Helmut:

The switch is located just under the brake pedal. It's a small, square box with a tierod attached to it that ties it to the brake pedal. What's leading you to believe it's the switch? No output to the brake lights at all? Were they working up to this point? Is everything else tied to the battery side of that circuit working? Check both sides of the fuses- they sometimes blow inside the cap, where you can't see. Also, you can check the circuit by simply excluding the switch- jumper the switch connections together.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by helmut View Post
    Simple question, where on an early heidelberg car is the brake switch located, it is the pendant brake type with brake fluid. Also is it mechanical or hydraulic. I need to get my brake lights working for the mot tomorrow or I will be taking the wrong car to the ICCR!
    Thanks
    Helmut

If we are talking about the switch that activates the rear stop lamps - AFAIK they were all just a simple reed switch - ID's and DS's. Position and adjustment method varied by year and model, however.

Steve

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks to your help and copious amounts of that old favorite- WD40 - I now have brake lights again Now all I need is for everything else to work at 3pm today.
    cheers
    Helmut

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by helmut View Post
    Thanks to your help and copious amounts of that old favorite- WD40 - I now have brake lights again Now all I need is for everything else to work at 3pm today.
    cheers
    Helmut
    Excellence!!

Thread Information