Cargo barrier
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Cargo barrier

1000+ Posts

Default Cargo barrier

Were they made for Xantia wagons?

I notice when moulton2speed was selling his wagon, he mentioned an OEM Kevlar cargo barrier. Are these a good option, and where does one get one .

Cheers

Alec

Advertisement

Alec,

Yes, reasonable option for cases and light loads. Don't know how well it would cope with multiple cans of paint in high speed crash situation. It clips onto the hooks on the boot floor and the top bit fits into the brackets that level out from behind covers on the roof sill above. They will fit behind the back seat and behind the front seat when the back seats are folded down.

I managed to buy one as a spare part back in 2002 when I bought my wagon. Gee - had it for 10 years now!

Anyway it was enough to satisfy my SWMBO.

Cheers,

Ken W

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Alec,

Yes, reasonable option for cases and light loads. Don't know how well it would cope with multiple cans of paint in high speed crash situation. It clips onto the hooks on the boot floor and the top bit fits into the brackets that level out from behind covers on the roof sill above. They will fit behind the back seat and behind the front seat when the back seats are folded down.

I managed to buy one as a spare part back in 2002 when I bought my wagon. Gee - had it for 10 years now!

Anyway it was enough to satisfy my SWMBO.

Cheers,

Ken W
    Utterly bwilliant - as they used to say in "The Young Ones". So just about the only thing this little car doesn't seem to have are ISOFIX child seat mounts!

Ummm - found 4 hooks on boot floor (front and rear) which I assume are also for a cargo net, and 2 more at rear of rear seat footwell. Also found the 4 covers in the roof, 2 behind front seat, and 2 behind rear, but no brackets inside. Is it possible that the brackets come with the cargo barrier?

Cheers

Alec

Well, that is straining the brain. That was 10 years ago. I'd say you are correct but I can't really remember.

Cheers,

Ken

Fellow Frogger!

The OEM kevlar cargo barrier for the xantia wagon was brilliant. We must have got it from either Continental Cars or Auto France in 1998. It was strong, being tensioned at the bottom by seat belt webbing with hooks latched to the two metal loops on the floor. A rod at the top of the barrier attached to a pull down bracket behind the plastic covers on the roof. It was easily rolled up and stored in the car if necessary. I want one for our Nissan Patrol, as I often carry bicycles and don't want the hassle of removing a steel barrier each time.
    I wonder why other manufacturers aren't on to this for their wagons?

Thread Information