DS Super 5 Wheel paint colour
  • Register
  • Help

Default DS Super 5 Wheel paint colour

Hello, all the threads say Gris AC140 for the wheels as does John Reynolds. All the wheels on my 1974 Super 5 are creamy coloured. Is that just one of the 50 shades of grey or did they use another colour?
    Is AC140 the same colour as the wheel brace that lives under the spare wheel?
    I may just use Dulux, only the very edge is visible. I'm more concerned about stopping any rust from forming.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, all the threads say Gris AC140 for the wheels as does John Reynolds. All the wheels on my 1974 Super 5 are creamy coloured. Is that just one of the 50 shades of grey or did they use another colour?
    Is AC140 the same colour as the wheel brace that lives under the spare wheel?
    I may just use Dulux, only the very edge is visible. I'm more concerned about stopping any rust from forming.
    Have a look at my CX restoration ( Gerry's CX ) in the resto section and you will see my wheels in Gris AC140. They do not look like grey at all so the colour of the jack handle would be incorrect.
    Cheers Gerry

Excellent thanks, I'll put the jack handle away now....

Thread Information