cx 2500gti turbo
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default cx 2500gti turbo

Can some please help me with a small illustration on the wiring of radiator fans or a wiring diagram.It has the three point thermal switch and something has gone wrong with the wiring from the relays to the switch and fans. Well something or someone has gone wrong there.

Advertisement

I need a diagram like that too!!!
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I don't know if I have a diagram here. I'll search around. It isn't an overly complex circuit though. If you short the 3 pins from the sender in the radiator, you should get low and high speed fans. They are wired Series/Parallel. The common failure mode is only one fan running on high speed. This is due to the fact if there is any problem in a series circuit (eg: dead fan), the entire circuit fails. Obviously "low speed" is the series circuit ( ie: 12 volts shared between the fans .... 6volts each), high speed is 12volts to each.

You should be able to trace the sparks back to a series/parallel relay and nut out what is going on once you understand how it works.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

Thanx Shane
    It all sounds easy, but if you are not electricaly minded at all it s rather difficalt. I will take all the information i can find to an auto-electrition and hope for the best. It will be great if i can get some diagrams to try and educate myself. I have got a diagram of a cx 2500 maybe its the same but i see the thermal switch has only two contact points and it has an air temp swich there as well.

Thread Information