Default Bye bye Ateco!

Finally, Citroen ha dropped Ateco

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A40001745DB

Cheers,
    Paul

Advertisement

Still not a factory-owned distributor.
    Any likelihood of an improvement?

Any other distributor couldn't be any worse than Ateco.

But the dealer chain really needs a kick up the @rse as well.

Until the manufacturer sets up shop and takes direct responsibility for wholesaling and servicing the product I can't see any dramatic change.

My

Let's see what happens after 12 months before the applause.

SMM

I just hope the new distributor has more luck negotiating with PSA re product.

Is it really surprising that sales of the new C4 have been poor when the volume model is stuck with a 4-speed auto?

Good luck to whoever gets it and lets hope they strengthen the brand down-under.

Thanks to Ateco too, they took Citroen off life-support!
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 Cactus

Previous Citroens: 2007 C4 VTR, 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

The new C4 does come with the EGS too I thought?

Since PSA were encouraged to take over CitroŽn they have progressively moved from two companies with one owner to one company with two brands. The most recent market downturn has come with the latest and last major integration, that of the sales and lmarketing structures. The cost savings are there for PSA and there is an important benefit to customers. With the commonality of so many parts, combining the logistics of parts support should improve rapidity of supply and remove pricing anomalies.
    How far they go with combining the dealer networks is a local decision but they are rolling out a common nation distribution network and a single line reporting for profitability and two lines for the brand marketing.

At a time when the CitroÍn marque is being repositioned with a luxury, fashion image a change of local presence is perhaps a good thing.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

From memory (no I wasnt there - but often wonder) the Salmon Bros were the first Australian importers for Citroen in 1924. They sold 1000 units in Austalia in three years and Andre Citroen gave them a car to raffle off as a prize! Salmons also raced Cits at the maroubra speed way.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

1000+ Posts

They should have put them under the same roof from day 1.
    If someone does not like the look of one brand/car/model then they may buy the other rather than walk out & go who knows where to buy whatever.
    Add to that there is far greater efficiency with parts etc.etc.

Pekay.

Fellow Frogger!

I've been resisting having a response to this thread but as the ex-President of CCOCA I can only say that I always had extremely cordial relations with Ateco and Miles Williams in particular and they always supported the annual CCOCA/CCCV concourses over many years so we will miss their involvement.

They ensured Citroen syrvived for many years.

Ted Cross
    ( Hawk on here )

Well, it leaves Neville more time to concentrate on boats, most likely.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

VIP Sponsor

As one who has had dealings with Ateco, continually since 1994 to today, I just want to say that ATECO put there money on the line, when Franzcar collapsed, without which Citroen may have departed this market. I for one will be sorry to see them lose Citroen.

I always saw them as a good distributor and in my inteactions with their marketing people always found them very on the ball and dedicated to the marque. They lost me when I found out that they were not educating their dealer network about the OEM standards for oils, tyres and other once generic consumables.

Also I was concerned about the reduction in service periods which smelled of an economic incentive to the dealers, when the French industry strategy was to design in longer service periods.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

Isn't it lucky that some of us can drive a DS or ID model Citroen that can still be driven - - -

as if it were a new car.

John Paas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bye bye Ateco!-68-ds-1bastlle-7-12.jpg  

Tadpole

Understand the support from those who have never experienced a problem. It's a bit like dealing with a psychopath - they can seem really nice until your interests collide; then look out. My experience was all bad. Read it here (you will need time)

At least Sime Darby are proud of who they are, right upfront. Check their website. Now check Ateco's. Click on Citroen - it's already gone. In my experience Ateco does not like customers; just sales. Wonder how the poor little Chery owners fare? Lets hope Citroen gets a lot better customer support.

I will say that without the likes of ATECO there wouldnt be the C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, Berlingos etc driving on Australian roads.

Various customer disatisfactions aside (I've not had any problems with my C2), to take what was a TOTAL OUTCAST car brand and turn it into simply an outcast (small o) in the Austrlaian market is no small effort.

The people working at Citroen Australia under ATECO are to be thanked for letting another generation of people get access to new Citroens, and yeah, hopefully some of those may get involved in things like this forum andperhaps more importantly the Citroen Car Clubs/Social events hosted in every state and across Australia.

We could be like (I understand) the USA to be, and having to make do with only what are now ancient cars. This kind of limits the appeal to younger drivers looking for fun and a cinnection with a lifestyle.

Let all Citroen drivers and fanciers hope (dare I say demand) that any new importer makes as much progress for the double chevrons as we have seen in the last decade+.
    CITROEN CAR CLUB of NSW - MEMBER. www.citroencarclub.org.au. . .www.facebook.com/CCCNSW
    08FD DSPECIAL "Dear Prudence wont you come out to play?"
    00FF7512 DS23SAFARI "Pull up to my bumper Baby, in your long black limousine."
    C2MY06 C2VTR "Go speed racer, Go"
    YDO005 MORRIS MINI DELUXE "The Mini Deluxe floats on fluid too"

Fellow Frogger!

The problem was that many felt let down when they had a serious warrranty claim. I find that difficult to comprehend why it should be so difficult - wouldnt have Ateco recovered the cost from Citroen France? In this era of Internet, twitter and facebook, no manufacturer or distributor can afford to let the customer service or quality slip.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Tango22 View Post
    At least Sime Darby are proud of who they are, right upfront. Check their website. Now check Ateco's. Click on Citroen - it's already gone. In my experience Ateco does not like customers; just sales. Wonder how the poor little Chery owners fare? Lets hope Citroen gets a lot better customer support.
    Once they lose their Chery, they never go back.

John

We wonít see Neville at the soup kitchen.
    Ateco has been there for nearly 40 years and is the importer of Warn Winches with a contract to stock all parts for the army.

http://www.atecoequipment.com.au/def...=article&ID=13
    2003 C5 2.0i AL4 205,000 km 76372389

Wait till the army has to make a warranty claim....

Fellow Frogger!

Check this out: http://m.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news...814-246a8.html

http://m.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news...814-246a8.html

I wonder how long Ateco knew about the issue? Apparently Wasn't "discovered" until customs picked up some shoddy spares. Hmmm. Reputation on various forums suggets that Ateco have done little to maintain goodwill with its customers. It would seem that many Citroen owners in particular have been treated badly. May be karma finally surfaces?

I wonder if dissatisfied Great wall owners have grounds to challenge for Ateco for a refund. After all, they have sold cars with asbestos components which is illegal. Arent the vehicles technically unlawful then?

So will we get a Citroen Dealer in Newcastle?

don

Default I second that

now that Newcastle and the hunter have no peugeot or citroen or renault service centre

It would be very nice to see dedicated french car service centre in Newie
    Its not like there arent many of us around.

Somebody, anybody ??????

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ateco

Neville and his pack of car people, jeez....you have to be diplomatic on the net.

My vocabulary of foul words is extensive and I would really love to exercise some freedom of speech here, but will refrain.

Experience with this "mob" utterly negative.

Go through the gatekeepers designed to keep people away that are unhappy. Go to the top, and it is the same in the reverse direction, this person sends it back through the lower ranking areas like some difficult bit of indiigestion, until it finally arrives in your letterbox, as a get stuffed letter. In the politest wording.

This company has no moral fibre. No integrity.

In a nurshell, my car at the time developed rust bubbles round the door frames. It had a ten year warranty against corrosion, but despite letters and publicity threats to the "boss" who couldn't give a toss, all I got was the standard letters from his subordinates. And wonder car people are labelled scum frequently.

When you sail boats, there are reefs out there. There is such a thing as karma.

Amazing on the news that they bring in shitbox Chinese crap with asbestos. Would they care? No. Would they inform you of any problem? No. YOU have to see them and tell them YOU want it fixed. What kind of recall is that?

I hope the building they surf the net in all day and twiddle their fingers in is riddled with asbestos, like their crap Chinese cars.

In fact I heard an amazing Alfa story too about a couple picking a car up from service that too was a dud and had received nil back up from this company and a 3 grand service bill. A person I know who was admiring the car at the dealer, the couple comes out and says to this guy I know he can name his price. They would have been happy to have seen the end of it.

Let's hope Citroen gets a decent importer who care about the product and reputation.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    now that Newcastle and the hunter have no peugeot or citroen or renault service centre

It would be very nice to see dedicated french car service centre in Newie
    Its not like there arent many of us around.

Somebody, anybody ??????
    Hi Don,

It's my understanding that Pacific Euro at Gateshead is the current Peugeot dealer (including servicing).

I agree, it would be great to have a french car mechanic in the region - especially at CitroŽns appear to be under-represented in that regard.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information