Lexia 3 V47 Instructions on use
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Lexia 3 V47 Instructions on use

I have just aquired Lexia v47 and it works a treat on my 2007 C5 Restyle 2.2 twin tubo diesel. Took a bit of effort to get it loaded and working as it came without any instructions to load it or how to use it.
    Can anyone help with a manual on how to use it? Basic stuff can be accessed OK but there is still a lot I don't understand.

Currently shows a history of error codes P299 and P104 any new info on these would also be appreciated.

Advertisement

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

If you search around on the Digital Kaos forum in the UK, there were some threads that showed some of the areas. The trick would be to find some of the Lexia newsletters to download. I think the forum lost a lot in the downfall of megaupload.

I have used mine on my C5 X7. You really just have to try stuff to find out how it works. I have yanked the OBD plug out a few times when I have got somewhere and cannot back out. My biggest coup so far was working out how to enter a new tyre pressure sensor for the spare tyre using only the numbers on the sensor.

I have reprogrammed keys on series 2 xsaras and xantias. The trick there is that you have to reprogram all the keys so make sure you start with the key with the transponder you know works.

Enjoy,

Ken W

Quote Originally Posted by trevormcasey
    Currently shows a history of error codes P299 and P104 any new info on these would also be appreciated.
    Not sure from your comments whether you've accessed the freeze frame data around each most recent occurrence of these codes. (If you haven't, it's easy; just click on the "text bar" which the fault in question is inside. It'll show you engine RPM, speed and a few other parameters.)

The 2.2 is a subject of much opprobrium in the UK; by contrast there seem to be plenty working quite decently here.

A good look at live parameters from a cold start, then in driving, will often reveal a trend in data flow. You do need a good ingrained sense of likely and wrong, though - it's not much chop seeing (for example) the manifold pressure as 700mB unless you know whether that's anything like it should be under those specific conditions.

Best thing about a Lexia, is in concert with a Service CitroŽn account and Fleabay you almost never need to buy locally again. This doubles your spending power in many instances.

Tadpole

Default Lexia 3

Hi addo
    I'm away from home for 2 weeks and will try to access freeze frame when I get home. What is a Service Citroen account and what is Fleabay (Ebay?)
    Trevor

You're correct about the latter term. Many of the goods offered are flea market quality.

If you do a web search for "service Citroen" it will turn up a web page (currently showing a four wheel drive from the new range) that offers you in French the chance to log in or register. Sign up as an independent repairer. Once logged in, you can enter VINs from BX onward and it will allow browsing of parts listed for the particular model. It's free, too.

Tadpole

Sounds great. I am always trying to make sure I am getting the right bit. My experience so far is that local citroen dealer parts are local Peugeot equivalent plus 33% and UK dealer plus 150% Fleabay is cheaper again!

Thread Information