Auto Transmission Oil for Citroen C4 Picasso
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Auto Transmission Oil for Citroen C4 Picasso

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2008 Citroen C4 Picasso 2.0 HDI with 6 sp automatic gearbox with 110,000 Kms. I am about to do my first major service on this car along with timing belt. I also need to do auto transmission oil change, since I bought this car recently I have no knowledge abt the transmission itself and looking to know the following :

- What type of transmission has this car got (make, model, specifications etc)
    - What oil can I use for transmission (I might have to sell the car itself if I have to buy it from Citroen dealer) so alternative sources please including any other car makers like Peugeot/Toyota etc. Also need to know the complete oil specifications/grade and make.
    - Can I use Penrite Multi Vehicle Auto Trans Fluid (on the box it says it suits Citroen). If yes which one should I use (Semi Synthetic ATF MHP) or (Fully Synthetic ATF FS)? Is it as good genuine oil in quality?

I will very much appreciate if you can also throw in some places names where I can do this job (other than Citroen Dealers itself)

Thanks a lot
    AB

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

You have some rather specific requests there ...

As I understand it, the 6 speed auto is basically an AW TF-80SC and the factory fill is supposed to meet a standard, from memory, JWS3309. Both the gearbox and the oil are used in various cars from Ford, Toyota etc, so I would think you could get any good transmission workshop to change it for you with minimal inconvenience. I can't imagine there's much difference in the cost of those Penrite oils, so you'd use the best you can reasonably buy and they claim best suits the application. I expect the package will also say it suits Toyota T-IV standard.

Tadpole

Thanks David - sorry if my email sounds oddly detailed. Being new to french world, I am unsure how much info should I give. Will improve eventually I suppose. Cheers.

Thread Information