16 Valve dash lights & wires
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 16 Valve dash lights & wires

Hi All,

Elbow deep in the instrument panel today, and have finally got all the information lights working as intended, however the backlights are stubbornly refusing to shine. Does anyone have information as to which of the plugs in the back are supposed to light which sections (I have a partially complete diagram of both the holes that need to be plugged with a light and which plugs illuminate certain lights, but incomplete for now.) and where the earth comes from?
    Cheers
    Rob

Advertisement

I'd suggest the dimmer control is open circuit (ie; disconnected). This is a BX, right?

Fellow Frogger!

Yes it is, and yes it was. Many thanks Addo, I now have a full compliment of lights. I'll sort out a diagram and a couple other bits and pieces pertaining to the dash lighting and put it up soon.

Fellow Frogger!

So given my previous declaration, it seems Murphy's law has come into play...

I've figured out that the fuel gauge, alternator warning, STOP light, handbrake light and low water light all share a common power feed, however the low water light only is conspicuously absent when the ignition is on - I have tested the globe and circuit with a direct feed and it works AOK, but trying to get it to work on the ignition is no good. Any ideas?

Thread Information