BX19GT info required
  • Register
  • Help
    Ram

Default BX19GT info required

Recently acquired a tidy looking but BX19GTI, ordinary mechanically, it goes, but lots of annoying problems like some cut all the green wires front RH to silence the hydraulic level warning. Fixed now but makes one wonder. To assist I need some parts identification for pre TZI models. Alan S catalog v- helpful but dosnt go back far enough. I have had a quite a bit to do with BX's but not for several years. I have also recently received back from daughter my BX19TRI Estate. Its a goer and registered but also needs work. So I am busy. Some Qs:-

1/Does anyone know if Shane is still in the group and if he put out a BX CD as he did for the DS?

2/I have pics but cannot get them small enough to pass the gallery size and when I reduced one it wouldnt take. Any ideas on how to sort that.

3/Tyres are another problem :-
    165/70R 14 81H Michy Energy XM1on front good - Cant find any.Whats the best option fro 2 rears?

4/ Air filter Round type - cruising the net. UK has a VASCO A210 any idea about a replacement Ryco etc, that fits and is available of the shelf in Aus.
    Cheers
    Ram

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Halo Bruce
    One way to reduce size of images is with PAINT which is on your computer(Windows) Others may know better ways!
    Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Recently acquired a tidy looking but BX19GTI, ordinary mechanically, it goes, but lots of annoying problems like some cut all the green wires front RH to silence the hydraulic level warning. Fixed now but makes one wonder. To assist I need some parts identification for pre TZI models. Alan S catalog v- helpful but dosnt go back far enough. I have had a quite a bit to do with BX's but not for several years. I have also recently received back from daughter my BX19TRI Estate. Its a goer and registered but also needs work. So I am busy. Some Qs:-

1/Does anyone know if Shane is still in the group and if he put out a BX CD as he did for the DS?

2/I have pics but cannot get them small enough to pass the gallery size and when I reduced one it wouldnt take. Any ideas on how to sort that.

3/Tyres are another problem :-
    165/70R 14 81H Michy Energy XM1on front good - Cant find any.Whats the best option fro 2 rears?

4/ Air filter Round type - cruising the net. UK has a VASCO A210 any idea about a replacement Ryco etc, that fits and is available of the shelf in Aus.
    Cheers
    Ram
    Download irfanview (free)
    Install
    Open image with irfanview
    From the top bar image- resize-
    Choose desired "size"
    Save as - new file name in your chosen location

It's a great little utility

Hi Ram,

Sounds like you have a carburetor BX 19GT rather than a injected TRI or TZI.

Where abouts in Australia are you located?

I do have the build manual for the 19GT and 16TRS units that were imported into Australia in 1986. I will try to get a scan of it put up on the web somewhere. Greenblood can you help to get them up on AF?

Cheers,

Ken W

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Hi Ram,

Sounds like you have a carburetor BX 19GT rather than a injected TRI or TZI.

Where abouts in Australia are you located?

I do have the build manual for the 19GT and 16TRS units that were imported into Australia in 1986. I will try to get a scan of it put up on the web somewhere. Greenblood can you help to get them up on AF?

Cheers,

Ken W
    http://depositfiles.com/

This mob give free hosting.
    Once uploaded to their server they give you a link to access it.
    Then you need to paste the link on to AF.

Icon3

Greenblood can you help to get them up on AF?

Cheers,

Ken W
    I'm sure we cam work something out, Shane has AF webspace - another option is Dropbox, free space and you can use a public folder to share files?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Ram

Default Response to Ken W

Yes Ken,
    it is a carburetted model.
    im located in Gayndah Qld

Ram

Default To Greenblood

Tried to find Shane but couldnt. Any clues on how to access his webspace
    Thanks

Ram,

Are you looking for Shane of Doublechevron avatar fame. I am sure he is not far away.

I will try to get my scans up on the web soon.

Cheers,

Ken

Ram

Hi Ken,
    Hope you are still in the Citroen sphere of things. I lost track of this project but now trying to restart it . 86 BX 19GT Carburettor build specs. I do have a dropbox setup at my e-mail [email protected]. I'm trying to re register this girl so I need to have the Emision Control connected..albeit not necessarily working in my area.

Ram

My notes to date on this beast1986 BX 19GT Weber Carburettor Model – Emission Control Notes

Notes on the principal components:-
    Carburettor fitted Weber 34DRTM14/100 15F with no fuel return pipe fitted at fuel inlet , though a return line exists. Numerous sensing hoses fitted . Some spigots for these hoses are identified as green, Red, Black, Yellow & White.
    Carburettor Sense lines:
    Vacuum spigot under fuel inlet-Green
    Accelerator pump EC capsule Top Spigot White; Bottom spigot Red.
    Two Spigots aft side of barrel housing: Top –Green; Bottom Black
    The coolant adapter at the carburettor- Bolt on item with sensor spigot marked Yellow. I have not found a yellow hose?
    A spaghetti of three primary sensor hoses runs between the components listed. At the canister valve and at various other points they are marked
    Thermostat housing lower. Has what appears to be a thermal switch for the vacuum sense lines attached. They are two hoses: 1/ A Blue marked hose that goes to a tee at the front and below the carburettor and thence to (a) the Vacuum tap on the carb body ( Green marked hose) and (b) to the rear of the carburettor ( also green marked). 2/ An unmarked hose that goes to the rear of the engine above the exhaust manifold- Unconnected & plugged. What is its purpose?
    Air Inlet filter assembly. Has a valve with an approx. 19mm dia hose running from the canister at the rear of the engine. The Haynes Manual 4A-6 para 1 – Quote:- this keeps the inlet air at constant temperature. The hot air actuates a valve which mixes ambient inlet air and exhaust heated air.
    Inlet Manifold, has an inbuilt 12mm dia. Steel vacuum sensing tube that is routed to RHS and to valve & canister above the exhaust manifold. Heated air for inlet is one purpose of these. The valve?
    An approximately 50mm (h) and 25mm dia. adjustable canister with 3 sensing hoses marked Green Red & black. Purpose unknown. It is spring loaded. What is its purpose? These spigots directly relate to the Green, Red and black spigots at the carb and in part the electro valve.
    Two electro valves situated under the battery compartment that I have marked A ( inboard) & B (outboard), both receive power & earths from the same sources. Both function electrically though air flow to be tested. The Green Leads go outboard viewed from the top. They are marked 8 90 & 3 84 respectively.
    “A” Valve has a red hose fitted at the dual spigot end at rt angles to axis of valve. The longitudinal tube is capped forward end and no hose is fitted at the rear spigot. What goes here?
    “B” Valve has no hose fitted at the dual spigot end at rt angles to axis of valve. The longitudinal tube has no hose forward end and a white hose is fitted at the rear spigot. Where does the white hose go? - Accelerator pump EC Capsule diaphragm. What are the other hoses?
    Bruce Ramsay

As for tyres Michelin XM2 all round will do the job very well. XM1 are most probably a bit long in the tooth now.
    Mine

CX Prestige
    Toyota Prius

In the family

Xantia SX

Quote Originally Posted by brian woodcock View Post
    Halo Bruce
    One way to reduce size of images is with PAINT which is on your computer(Windows) Others may know better ways!
    Woody
    I use Irfanview to resize images

Image/ resize-resample off the menu.

Free download

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    I use Irfanview to resize images

Image/ resize-resample off the menu.

Free download
    Or better still Fast Image Resizer. Does exactly as stated on the box and also free. Easy to batch convert a whole file of photos to your chosen size and it automatically keeps the original un-changed.

http://adionsoft.net/fastimageresize/

Good to see another BX getting a little love! Looking forward to some photos.
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Bruce,

Is this the sort of info you are looking for? I can do higher res for you if you need. Sorry images are a bit dark. There is more info as well.

Greenblood - Do you have an A3 scanner?

Cheers, Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BX19GT info required-bx-19gt-antipollution.jpg  

Greenblood - Do you have an A3 scanner?

Cheers, Ken
    Sorry Ken, A4 only - your image looks pretty good though

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Hi Ram
    I have been away so missed the discussion recently. I have some pollution gear information sheets for a BX19GT. If you still want more information I will dig them out of the 'archives'
    Jaahn

Ram

Hi Ken,that's exactly what I was after Will try and print off tomorrow. but regardless a huge help.. Thanks Bruce alias Ram

Ram

that would be wonderful Jaan. Much appreciated.

Ram

it seems that the two solenoid valves in my notes are associated with the Airconditioning system. apparently not used in Switzerland or Sweden. hmm very good effort so far , thasks to all

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    that would be wonderful Jaan. Much appreciated.
    Hi Ram,
    I sent you a direct email.
    For other people's information I have 10 pages of information on the pollution gear for the BX19GT. They are a bit faint so if anyone needs it then email me and I will send it that way for good resolution. Not sure where the stuff came from as some is hand done. I got it with my car when I purchased it and the next guy was not interested in it ?????
    Jaahn

Thread Information